Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Nov 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
newbietoon
Earning My Ears

May 2020 Adr plan, what did I miss!

Almost that time for ADRs so here it is! Sorry for another thread requiring input but the help so far has been a game changer.

Staying two weeks at WL with DDP myself and wife with three kids (5-9) and two grandparents.

bit of repetition from another thread in itinerary’s but as ADRs also linked to locations thought best to include! Hope some adr experts lurking.. planning so many with there being 7 in group.

Also aware we are over our TS dining credits but happy to pay the extra when required and included what I think are the minimum of must dos.

Please pick away and let me know if missed anything that should be looked at.

Monday MAGIC KiNGDOM
Lunch - Crystal Palace
Dinner - Dessert Party Terrace

Tuesday HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
Dinner-Mama Melrose / Hollywood and Vine tbc

Wednesday EPCOT CENTRE
Dinner - Garden Grill

Thursday TYPHOON LAGOON
Dinner - Wilderness Lodge- Artists Point

Friday ANIMAL KINGDOM
Dinner - Tuskers

Saturday MAGIC KINGDOM
Breakfast - Ohana Polynesian Hotel.
Dinner - Be our guest

Sunday BLIZZARD BEACH
Dinner - Hoop De Doo Show

Monday memorial day ANIMAL KINGDOM
Dinner - Wolfgang Puck

Tuesday HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
Lunch - Sci Fi Drive in

Wednesday EPCOT CENTRE
Lunch - Akershus Royal
Dinner - Frozen Ever After Dessert Party (not confirmed)

Thursday MAGIC KINGDOM
Lunch - Cinderella Royal Table

Friday EPCOT CENTRE Very much changeable this one.
Dinner - TRex

Saturday MAGIC KINGDOM
Dinner - California Grill

Thanks
newbietoon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post

I don’t believe there are any generic must dos. There are hundreds of restaurants at Disney so you are bound to miss something that somebody else would include.

If you like your list that is all that matters. My only concern would be about long days in the parks, for example lunch at CP and then still there for the dessert party. Also lots of dinners in the park you have planned for the day, I could only do that if I have a lazy morning and head into the park in the afternoon. Otherwise, I book dinner in a different park to the one I go to in the morning.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

My only concern is having a dessert Party on the first day. You will be eating a ton of desserts at 9pm US time but you will still be on UK time (2am). Maybe put that on another MK day.

Mama Melrose I would choose over H+V unless characters are your main concern.
H+V is not great food. I would look into the Fantasmic Package. Also the Tusker House ROL package.

The rest looks good.

Edited at 12:35 PM.
AliceCooper9 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

Hi,
The very first thing that hit me was what the other posters have also commented on: the dessert party on Day 1. I think this will be far too late for your 5 year old on Day1, probably for all of you. You will probably be up early with jet lag. On our first day we did breakfast at Chef Mickey's at 7am (I think this is a restaurant which some hate and some love but it's not busy at 7am when it opens) then lunch at Crystal Palace. We had a FP for 3.50pm for 7DMT (because it was the earliest we could get it for at 60 days, we did rope drop it on Day 1 too) and were really trying to hold out for that FP as we were all flagging - as soon as we came off the ride we headed back to our hotel for a swim and then an early night.
Likewise you have a lot of dinners on your early days. Not sure how weather is in May (I have only been in July/Aug when it's super hot) but we booked lunches often to escape the midday heat and get some time off our feet following a busy morning. Plus the jet lag thing: if you are rope dropping stuff you may be ready to chill at the hotel by mid afternoon. We only booked two dinners in August: one at EPCOT which we made and enjoyed (but we were staying at Beach Club) and one at Ohana on a day when we had an 8am ADR for BOG. We had to cancel Ohana (my daughter had been sick - possibly over exertion and so we didn't want to stay out until that time and headed back to resort) luckily we got a walk up for Beaches and Cream (somewhere I had wanted to eat but hadn't been able to get an ADR for at 180 days). So all worked out well. Dinner at Artist's Point should be fine (hope you get it - it's a hot ticket!) as it's at your resort and you may not be so tired after a water park day anyway.

I think Akershus and CRT may be a bit of repetition, not due to food but characters - are all your kids princess fans? I think choosing one would be fine. We had a late breakfast at Akershus and loved it (I didn't fancy the lunch menu as much otherwise we would have done that)- my 6 year old was totally star struck! I haven't eaten at CRT and we ruled out due to being 2 TS credits, we didn't feel it was likely to be worth it from reviews/vlogs.
Good luck!
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
newbietoon
Earning My Ears

Awesome, will review the dessert party and some of the other time based recommends, always a learning curve this Disney trip! Pleased no omissions noted so far which was the main thing I was concerned about.

The dinners at a couple were with the dinner show packages in mind as well.

Thanks all
newbietoon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Time and time again people consider Tuskers a must do but it was our absolute worse dining experience we went. Much prefer / recommend Yak and Yeti. Garden Grill is another we wouldn't go near again. Although if you main aim is seeing characters then I would understand why someone would want to go these two places - but the food isn't great in my opinion.

Not saying change your mind but don't be so easily pulled into other peoples "must dos's".

Another note - given your Children's ages I would recommend lunch over dinner. My kids of the same age really benefited from an enforced sit down break come midday. Everyone could sit down, relax and recharge their batteries and work out what they wanted to do next. If you have later reservations sometimes you can feel committed to staying in a park when its best to call it a day.

I always want more flexibility as the day gets on - not less. Everyone pretty much has energy in the morning but less of guarantee as those hot days carry on.

Edited at 02:14 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
newbietoon
Earning My Ears

Good advice about less dinners, had in mind more easy on the go quick service lunch in park but a nice sit down recharge of batteries also sounds like a good mix. Thanks
Old 17 Nov 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by newbietoon View Post
Good advice about less dinners, had in mind more easy on the go quick service lunch in park but a nice sit down recharge of batteries also sounds like a good mix. Thanks
I do think that would make more sense. I have been a few times in May and it can still get hot, not as hot as September when I went this year, but definitely hot. A lunch would mean you are not committed to long days in the park.

And really don't worry about "ommissions" there honestly is no such thing. One restaurant that seems to be very popular with the DIbb is Teppan Edo, but we won't go as we just don't like the menu (although we do love Japanese and have been to the other ones).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List