Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Nov 19, 06:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Mid trip report

Until 2 days before I was due to come out the whole trip wasup in the airas our youngest son had been very very ill
2 days befor I was due to fly we got great news and we were going to fly ( all be it very different from the plan )
We can't praise Virgin Icelandic and BA enough changing flights durations and giving me open ended flights more to come
I flew out Virgin economy the crew were amazing couldn't do enough for me they had been informed of the circumstances
DH arrived by Icelandic 5 days later again they had sorted out his flights at no extra charge ( after 37 years of marriage we know we don't fly well together our next trip is 5 flights together how we arranged that I'll never know )
We had 7 amazing days doing sea World Busch and Universal and 3 great days with DS2 and DIL before DH flew home at Busch and Sea World DS3 was in DIL 1 care
Weather great until Thursday this week when a cold front came in
DS& DIlL had never been to Bok tower gardens all I can say they loved it as well as is finally getting them to some of our favorite off the tourist trail resturants Cherry Pocket Harry's Place Harbourside
Tempo 1930 and a few more
Parks we did busy but manageable but no Disney
Resturants but all off the tourist route amazing
Old town Car show a hit on the 2nights we went me driving a neighbours classic pick up on the car cruise and DH and DS driving a neighbours muscle car on the cruise this thing really bangs when it starts believe me
Our worst meal the cheese cake factory it's really gone down hill unless it's coffee and cake
Again we were in just for start of lunch service my choice oh it's all gone rubbish and as I'd got food poisoning the last visit I decided then I only wanted cake and cofee to be safe
DILs was stone cold DH wasn't what he ordered he ate it DIL couldn't DS his first 2 picks were finished at 12/30 so he had cake and coffee
We will never go again for anything but cake and coffee we left a very poor tip as the service was awful to say the least and food very poor
Our best meal a small local pizza place that served pasta too my vodka schrimp DILs chicken Dora and DS and DH pizza all cooked to order and served as it's ready which suits us amazing
Now the work begins as a villa owner cleaning painting etc but we wouldn't change one minute of it

Edited at 06:06 AM.
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore rocks
VIP Dibber

Eeyore rocks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thanks for the update, sounds like you are having an amazing time making memories ...well except the Cheesecake Factory... we have never been to one, and don’t intend to...

How great to do the cruise at Ild Town from a different perspective...😘

Orlando..Feb 1998, Jun 2003, Nov 2004, Dec 2008, Nov 2009, Aug 2010, Nov 2010, Sep 2011, Nov 2012, Nov 2013, Oct 2014, Sept 2015, Nov 2015, Sept 16, Jan 2017, Nov 2017, Jan 2018, June 2018, Dec 2018, June 2019, Dec 2019, Feb 2022, May 2023, Oct 2024.

Las Vegas..Dec 1998, Jan 2002, Jan 2004, Jan 2005, May 2006, Mar 2009, Apr 2011, Jan 2012, Aug 2012, Jan 2013, Feb 2014, Feb 2015 Feb 2016, Nov 2016.

New York...Nov 2018, Dec 2021.
Eeyore rocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

jenny one off the bucket list for me as they . Say here a shift no power steering but I learned to drive on a tank with no powere steering Gds1 has done the cruise in his car seat in both of these cars and loved it
When I say bang when it starts I mean bang on the muscle car first time we heard it gave us such a fright my coffee went awal I'm told it's a dream to drive but my feet don't reach the peddles
Bok Tower I though would not be there thing how wrong I was
As I say in future it will be coffee and cake or cake to go
Now it's back to eating in and cleaning and painting and a bit of shopping as they got all there stuff in when I repacked it and DH took home his 2cases worth thankfully as I'm told today I'm getting a new Gd in the spring so shopping to be done for her

Edited at 07:41 AM.
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

Awww how lovely a new member to your family.
Sounds like a good holiday, of course not the CC factory. I only went in to pick up some cake to eat on the way home from being out shopping. It was packed beyond belief then. I was glad to grab my cake and go.
Did not know you could be part of the Old Town Cruise.

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We are very privileged to be Park of the cruise as it's our neighbours cars there pride and joys believe me don't go out if it's wet etc spend hours tinkering polishing them etc
DH keeps thinking if we could just move things I could get its a classic
Mustang he wants no chance he's got enough stuff in our owners closet as it is without a storage lock up