Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Nov 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you for the input!
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

GCSE results day is 20 August 2020.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

We will be away for 20th August this year, and my son will get a result while we're out there. But it's just 1 GCSE as he's taking french in Yr9. I certainly wouldn't want to be away for his main results. As others have said, you physically need to take their "pink slip" from school to college if you want to register there. While it might not be our First Choice, it would be a certain Plan B
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

No way would either of mine wanted to miss picking up the it results with their friends. We arranged both Disney trips for dates that didn’t clash with GCSE results day those years. Just my opinion and obviously depends on the young persons own view, but I think it’s a right of passage getting those results in an envelope.
Old 18 Nov 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

My son didn't collect his GCSE results this year because we were on holiday. He wasn't bothered at all, he chose to go on holiday. My sister collected the results and phoned him straight away. He was confident he had got the results required to get into his 6th form, which he did. He was allowed to enrol in 6th form when we got back on 2nd September. School had already confirmed that they would keep his place until then.

My son really wasn't bothered, but we wouldn't have gone if he wanted to collect them himself.
Old 18 Nov 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

We were in Florida for my sons GCSE results and California for his A level results. He was not bothered infact he was happy to be away. My daughter wants to be home this year for her GCSE results though. GCSE results were emailed to him and he rang sixth form who confirmed his place. A level results were provided over the phone. Both were arranged well in advance I think he had a code word to provide for A level results.

Edited to add my older daughter found it stressful picking her results up with her friends. She was concerned that if she didn't get what she needed it would be harder to cope with everyone around. Fortunately she got what she needed but said she would have preferred to have her results by email.

Edited at 11:08 PM.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We did it in 2017 our older daughter picked them up and we did a face time reveal 😃
Dd wasn’t bothered about not being there in person
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

First i’d check what the arrangements for post 16 education are in your area.
Where I live the child has to collect their results in person and then register at school or college they want to attend on the same day. There are some 6th forms where I live that will only allow students to register outside of results day in exceptional circumstances and this is clearly written in the prospectus.

If they are not around to collect in person they have to wait for them to be posted and they have to see what college or school places are left.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

We were away this year, even if we had been here there would be no way he would have opened it in front of his friends anyway . He got the email containing the results as soon as we landed but didn’t read them until we were on our way to villa - luckily he did much better than expected as I was aware it could have spoilt the holiday . I will own up and say I did forget about the results day when booking and probably wouldn’t have booked that particular day if I had realised.
Old 18 Nov 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

The college DD is now at didn't have their enrolment until the week after results day. I'm so pleased we were back for then though as she didn't do as well as hoped in Biology so we did need to plead slightly with the head of Science in order for her to do one of the courses she wanted.
I do know of others that were away though and were perfectly fine. I think it's a real personal decision and you know your child and the situation with college/sixth form the best.

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List