Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jan 14, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

NEW Bald Eagle Nest... NE Florida

I make no apologies for my gushing about these magnificent raptors and I wanted to bring attention to the new webcam I discovered in NE Florida. This webcam is incredible and is the best HD webcam I have ever seen on any wildlife. It is referred to as HD (ptz), pan, tilt and zoom, and what the controller does with this camera is amazing... I can easily see the third eyelid on the chicks, they pan right up to the claws, their faces, everywhere for close-ups. Here is the link for this webcam - try to take a look when the sun is going down as the colours reflected onto the parent birds are beautiful. The quality is so immense with this webcam that it's like sitting on a branch next to them... in fact a friend was so engrossed that when the parent bird shook itself it physically startled her.

nefleaglecam/

These seem a very happy pair of siblings...

... unlike the pair in the SW Fla cam... dickpritchettrealestate/eagle-feed.html ... sadly one of those chicks, known as E4, is taking a major hiding from it's sibling, E3, and is at least half the size of the bully chick. The 'chat' is indicating that E4 is being fed but to see E4 being bullied by it's sibling is a shame when there is enough food for both of them. The quality on this cam is poor by comparison to the NE Fla cam.

Here's hoping more Dibbers will take a peek on the new cam and be, as I was, extremely awed.

Edited to put the links in correctly - sorry Dibbers

Edited at 10:32 PM.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 14, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Villainlover
VIP Dibber

Villainlover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I seem to go to the same nest with both links?
amazing though

edited to say I found the other one doing a search

Buenaventura Lakes 1993
Indian Ridge 1995/6/7 Oak Island Harbour 1998 Indian Point 1999 Eagle ridge 2000 Crescent lakes 2001 Indian Ridge Oaks 2003 Highlands Reserve 2004/5
Hampton Inn Convention centre 2007
Hampton lakes 2008 Highlands reserve 2009
Highlands Reserve 2010/11/12/13/14/15

Edited at 07:46 PM.
Villainlover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 14, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Villainlover View Post
I seem to go to the same nest with both links?
amazing though

edited to say I found the other one doing a search
Oh man Shelly... if I had a brain I'd be dangerous Let me try again as I posted the NE Fla link twice... well duh! Here is the excellent NE Fla webcam with HD (ptz)

nefleaglecam/

and here is the much lower quality SW Fla webcam

dickpritchettrealestate/eagle-feed.html

You can click for full screen by using the 'arrows' option just below the video picture.

Edited at 10:34 PM.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 14, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
awwww look at that poor little one, feel so sorry it-guess that one will end up dying if the other is bullying it so much?
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 14, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Thanks for this
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 14, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
luxorsun71
Imagineer

Love watching the NE Florida cam, the quality is amazing, close ups are excellent. I am still watching the SW Florida cam as well but have been in tears at times, I know it is nature but very hard to watch,am rooting for E4,wish E3 would go into a food coma so the wee one could get a good feed! Thank you for posting the links,remember you posting last year about Phoebe Allens and have been hooked since
Old 20 Jan 14, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Both parents are feeding the big one now, the little one isn't moving
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 14, 02:36 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Nature can be cruel, but according to the moderators E4 is getting food, they claim E4 is getting enough due to it's size. It's the bullying that concerns me. I saw E3 battering E4 something wicked around the back of the neck the other day. I thought please stop as I did wonder if E3's attack would kill E4. I've never seen such a massive size difference in eaglets before as the SW Fla pair are showing. I too wonder if E4 is going to survive and fear the barrage of attacks may worsen as E3 continues to thrive by the minute whilst E4 is so obviously struggling.
Old 21 Jan 14, 02:46 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by luxorsun71 View Post
Love watching the NE Florida cam, the quality is amazing, close ups are excellent. I am still watching the SW Florida cam as well but have been in tears at times, I know it is nature but very hard to watch,am rooting for E4,wish E3 would go into a food coma so the wee one could get a good feed! Thank you for posting the links,remember you posting last year about Phoebe Allens and have been hooked since
Hi Seonaid - sadly Phoebe went missing on the 8th January. They realised very quickly that she was not going to return and the chicks were taken to a rehab centre within a very short space of time (I think it was just under 12 hours) to be brought on and released into the wild. This Phoebe was, I believe, the 3rd and the owner is confident another Phoebe will soon be in-situ, perhaps even for some of this season, as his rose bush is a much coveted nesting spot; especially as the owner put netting around to keep out the predators. Other hummers have been seen but none taken up residence yet.

Keep an eye on the humming bird nest for the next Phoebe and her chicks. phoebeallens/ - there is plenty of video and still photography to be seen on there.
Old 21 Jan 14, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

I've been watching Harriet and Ozzie for a while and 4 does seem to be doing well and is learning to be crafty to get food, it was funny yesterday when I was watching 4 went straight up to Ozzie and snatched a big bit of meat from his beak and gobbled it down quickly. Hope and Honor had the same battles last year and the smallest learned to develop his skills far better by having to learn to fend for himself. I'm sure 4 will be fine although it is heartbreaking to watch.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List