Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Oct 19, 05:53 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Life can be hard

I have said before when I was young and in school I was bullied quite bad A few year later I was asked to give a talk to a school about this which I did. Life go on and it’s been over 40 years since I been at school . The other day I was in Iceland stores in the city and I was just going to pay for some things at the cashier when I heard this voice from the lady in front she was talking to her little girl saying sorry we can not get you your sweets as I not got enough money I am 60p short There where no one else at the cashier so I said I pay the 60p the lady looked at me and said are you sure I said yes we can not have the little girl going with out her sweets can we the little girl said please can I have them the lady said thank you to me and I gave the cashier the money the little girl said what a nice man and the mother said yes he is and thanked me and left the shop . I thought nothing about this I just payed for my shopping and left the cashier said that was nice of you and thanked me. I left the shop and just outside was the lady with her daughter she was looking in her bag she looked up and said thank you again then looked at me and said don’t I know you she then looked away quickly and said oh my god you she then said a nasty name I was called at school then in a second said I am so so sorry but I forgot your real name . I told her and she said sorry again she looked at me and said you don’t look much older then when we where in school I said to be nice you don’t . She laughed and said thanks for being nice but I know I do . I said did you ever do all the things that you wanted to do. She looked at me and said no . I asked if she and her daughter world like a drink as I was going for one the little girl said please mummy can we as I like him meaning me she said well ok so we went tona Starbucks near by and I payed . I found out that the lady got pregnant just after leaving school mother and father kicked her out she thought the father of the child world look after her but no I just left her and went on to the next girl she have had a real hard life . She then said I am sorry for being one of the bullys that bullied you I know it a long time ago I said yes but you live with what happened what ever happens . The little girl said he nice mummy will you marry him so he could be my daddy this made us bust out laughing 😂 . The lady asked what I did after school and for the past 40 odd years so I told her she said that she thought that I made something of myself where as she did not as she not acted one goal she set out to. I said you got a lovely daughter you have a home family and friends so you actually act Ed a lot. We said our good byes and gave her and her daughter a hug 🤗 when I left and got home I thought your life is what you make it my past was my past and the further who knows.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 06:30 AM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow, I don’t know what to say after reading this. But hats off to you!

I mean this with all good intentions, but you are one of the lucky ones. I say this because your awful, disgusting treatment at school has shaped you into a kind, caring and generous sole, always willing to see the good in folk. Unfortunately so many times I read stories now of how victims of bullying can’t take the endless pressure and just don’t know where to turn. I hate bullying, it makes me feel sick just writing the word.
I have an 11 year old son and I speak openly about bullying with him. I speak about how his actions and comments can, even unknowingly hurt others... I am going to share your story with him this morning,

What a gent you are 😊
Old 31 Oct 19, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Angcap
Getting Excited

Wow. What a powerful story x
Angcap is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Angcap View Post
Wow. What a powerful story x
I agree, you will have certainly made a small difference to both their lives today with your kindness.
Old 31 Oct 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Hats off to you for being the bigger person.
How come the daughter is a little girl if she had her straight after school? X

Edited at 07:32 AM.
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

What a lovely story, and what a generous person you are (and I don’t just mean the money!).
meboo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Aaaah Kev, that’s such a lovely story. Very kind of you x
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Thanks all I posted it because it might help someone who dealing with bullying at work at school on the net where ever there all ways light at the end of the tunnel you just got to look for it. Thanks again for all the nice comments x
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
honeybun1989
Imagineer

Mobile

What a lovely story! Gave me goosebumps when I read it!
honeybun1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Loved this, shows what such a great person you are
You should be proud even after she called you the 'name' you still proceeded to take her to Starbucks. It also sounds like you made the child's day xx
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List