Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 29 Oct 19, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
IANF
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile GF garden view vs BC 1 bed CL

Hi,
We currently have 2 weeks booked at BC (Garden view room) from 02/01/20 for my 50th Birthday, 3 of us DW, DD21 and myself...my DW booked it as a surprise but didn’t anticipate the crowds (1st weekend is a 9 in most parks on touring plans and 2nd weekend there is Run Disney weekend! )
DW has looked at moving to Mid Jan (16th) and we can get a 1bed suite (CL), I assume this is a 1 bed villa?
Other option is a garden view room at GF for same price!
We are veering toward the BC as was our first choice but never stayed at either... also, does it makes sense to move dates as never been in Jan?
Many thanks in advance for any advice.
WILDERNESS LODGE 2009
CORONADO SPRINGS 2014
IANF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

First thing to point out is that a 1 bed suite club level is not a 1 bed dvc villa.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post

I have not stayed at BC but I have stayed at YC and also GF. I would definitely prefer 1 bedroom CL at BC to standard at GF. As to the dates, yes the middle of the month sounds better for crowds but it is down to you whether you want to be there for your actual 50th or not.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
IANF
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Many thanks..
So my next question would be what the 1 bed suites at CL are? Sorry but spent the last 2 months looking up decent garden view rooms at BC and now it may all change😬
WILDERNESS LODGE 2009
CORONADO SPRINGS 2014
IANF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by IANF View Post
Many thanks..
So my next question would be what the 1 bed suites at CL are? Sorry but spent the last 2 months looking up decent garden view rooms at BC and now it may all change😬
From wdwluxuryguide/exper...ch-club-resort

One-bedroom Suites at 571 square feet offer a small parlor with a cream and taupe-colored single sleeper sofa with sea blue accent pillows. Framed seashell drawings adorn the room as well as a rattan oval coffee table, and flat-screen TV atop a bureau.Off the parlor is a patio or balcony - my last stay I was in a corner suite fronting the side and main back walkway of the resort, right next to the bridge leading to Epcot. Through French doors curtained with non-private, nautical-striped sheers, enter the bedroom with its king bed, desk, queen sleeper sofa, and second TV and undercounter refrigerator within an oversized bureau. Windows are covered in neutral-colored, canvas Roman shades. A standard-size bath with double sinks and a walk-in closet are located off the parlor. Sleeps five. All are located on floors one through four which requires quite a walk and an elevator ride to the concierge lounge.

and a video tour

Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

No brainer. The BC deal is a bigger room, massively lower crowds and food and space in the lounge. Personally I’d try and change the dates but keep your original room and pocket the difference in spending money but that’s a different thing completely.
Old 1 Nov 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
IANF
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Unfortunately there are no standard Garden or water views available any oyher time in January, nothing available at Yacht club either.
The issue we have with the 1 bed suite is that DD would have to sleep on a sofa bed for 2 weeks which I have been told aren’t the most comfortable, if it was for a shorter time we’d jump at the chance of staying in the suite.
Also been offered AKL savannah view but think we’d prefer the BC or GF for location.
WILDERNESS LODGE 2009
CORONADO SPRINGS 2014
Old 1 Nov 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by IANF View Post
Unfortunately there are no standard Garden or water views available any oyher time in January, nothing available at Yacht club either.
The issue we have with the 1 bed suite is that DD would have to sleep on a sofa bed for 2 weeks which I have been told aren’t the most comfortable, if it was for a shorter time we’d jump at the chance of staying in the suite.
Also been offered AKL savannah view but think we’d prefer the BC or GF for location.
My kids at all these ages have slept on Disney sofa beds at Beach Club or OKW and been fine. 10 and 13. 15 and 18. 17 and 20. You can ask for a mattress topper. We did this at OKW. Disney is tiring a sofa bed is going to suck you into sleep just fine!
Old 2 Nov 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Spotter
Trying for More Ears

Re your second weekend with a Run Disney event on.

We are at the BC just now and there's a Run Disney event on this weekend. We are in a standard garden room facing towards a Epcot. It's 5.30am and there is currently music blaring from Epcot for the event. It was the same yesterday but that wasn't an issue as we were heading to Hollywood Studios for extra extra magic hours. We have relatives in the room directly opposite us and they don't hear a thing as they aren't facing Epcot.

Try and have a room that's not directed towards Epcot when there's a run event on. Just my opinion.

Edited at 10:43 AM.
Spotter is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

We are just back. I left a comment about our issues at BC. Our last night was also disturbed by the loud noise from Epcot and the extreme noise and DJ started way before 5:30am and we were trying to get some good sleep before our long flight home.

Why put people in those rooms when they know the noise in the middle of the night will be unacceptable.

With regards to the thread starters question. GF is amazing, but we wont be back to BC until a desperately required refurbishment.
The beds are awful and the front desk agreed they all need replaced.

Originally Posted by Spotter View Post
Re your second weekend with a Run Disney event on.

We are at the BC just now and there's a Run Disney event on this weekend. We are in a standard garden room facing towards a Epcot. It's 5.30am and there is currently music blaring from Epcot for the event. It was the same yesterday but that wasn't an issue as we were heading to Hollywood Studios for extra extra magic hours. We have relatives in the room directly opposite us and they don't hear a thing as they aren't facing Epcot.

Try and have a room that's not directed towards Epcot when there's a run event on. Just my opinion.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List