Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 28 Oct 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
arkv1lla
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 13
Oh my goodness that is awful and you should absolutely leave a counter review and add the photo's if you can.

It's a huge responsibility taking people's money to stay in a home and trust goes both ways, you are paying the owner for a stay in their home which should be as advertsied and they are trusting you with their home (much loved in my case as I want every guest to love it too)

It's dreadful that you find yourself in theis situation

Sandra
arkv1lla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
This villa (and particularly the bathroom) is tragically unhygenic...
and would /could be closed down using Florida law...
i find airbnb, and such like, have no personal contact or interest in the villas or their owners...so you are renting blind...would not touch them with a barge pole...
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I am not a villa owner, but my ex-partner is an Airbnb host and I think the behaviour you've encountered is disgraceful and atypical... I'd go ahead and put your counter review on there.
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by arkv1lla View Post
Oh my goodness that is awful and you should absolutely leave a counter review and add the photo's if you can.

It's a huge responsibility taking people's money to stay in a home and trust goes both ways, you are paying the owner for a stay in their home which should be as advertsied and they are trusting you with their home (much loved in my case as I want every guest to love it too)

It's dreadful that you find yourself in theis situation

Sandra
Thank you. I have left a counter review. And sent the video to Airbnb.
It was all a bit of a nightmare.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Susan Coleman View Post
This villa (and particularly the bathroom) is tragically unhygenic...
and would /could be closed down using Florida law...
i find airbnb, and such like, have no personal contact or interest in the villas or their owners...so you are renting blind...would not touch them with a barge pole...
That’s an interesting point and very useful. Thank you. Will certainly make me think about due diligence before any future bookings !

Originally Posted by squishy View Post
I am not a villa owner, but my ex-partner is an Airbnb host and I think the behaviour you've encountered is disgraceful and atypical... I'd go ahead and put your counter review on there.
Thank you. I have done so
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MadHatter1
VIP Dibber

MadHatter1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Have to say I am in an airbnb in Spain now, which is great, and those photos are so bad.

Ok so if we gave the owners the benefit of the doubt, it's not clean, maybe the owners needed to be let know because the management company/cleaners weren't doing their job.

However, the owners must know they have removed the curtains and not replaced them, fine if it is being let out for a long term let but not an airbnb. Airbnb should be furnished therefore must have curtains.
2017 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - The Return of Three Jedi
2018 Rosen Inn at Pointe (Int. Dr.), HRH (Uni)>. > - Rogue One
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - 12 Parsecs
MadHatter1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MEGGYJOE
Imagineer

Words fail me ! I would be absolutely livid!
We had a bad experience in 2013 with a villa, albeit not half as bad as yours. I checked out after one night and I booked us into a hotel which also gives us internet to look for another villa.
I took loads of pictures and if I hadn’t that week had a refund, I would of issued a small claim when I got home as the owners were in the UK. Ever since I am now nervous until I arrive at a villa.

Edited at 08:33 PM.
MEGGYJOE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

That’s awful and makes me worry about the villa we have booked at AMI next year, not Airbnb but privately. I hope it didn’t spoil your trip and I’m looking forward to your TR.
I did laugh when I had a nosey at the villa on Airbnb as it says
‘This place is getting a lot of attention.
It’s been viewed 98 times in the past week.’
I bet it has with all us dibbers having a peak!
Old 29 Oct 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
That’s awful and makes me worry about the villa we have booked at AMI next year, not Airbnb but privately. I hope it didn’t spoil your trip and I’m looking forward to your TR.
So true, perhaps someone should ask the owner when the pictures were taken!
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by MadHatter1 View Post
Have to say I am in an airbnb in Spain now, which is great, and those photos are so bad.

Ok so if we gave the owners the benefit of the doubt, it's not clean, maybe the owners needed to be let know because the management company/cleaners weren't doing their job.

However, the owners must know they have removed the curtains and not replaced them, fine if it is being let out for a long term let but not an airbnb. Airbnb should be furnished therefore must have curtains.
Yes completely agree. They know it looks nothing like the listing. I felt very deceived

Originally Posted by MEGGYJOE View Post
Words fail me ! I would be absolutely livid!
We had a bad experience in 2013 with a villa, albeit not half as bad as yours. I checked out after one night and I booked us into a hotel which also gives us internet to look for another villa.
I took loads of pictures and if I hadn’t that week had a refund, I would of issued a small claim when I got home as the owners were in the UK. Ever since I am now nervous until I arrive at a villa.
Yes I will be thinking carefully before future bookings

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
I bet. I keep checking too, sometimes I doubt myself that I got it so wrong I am sure your place will be fine. This is our first bad one in 10 years of different bookings. Probably statistically overdue

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
So true, perhaps someone should ask the owner when the pictures were taken!