Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 Nov 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile It’s time to name & shame

I don’t normally do anything like this and I do try to turn the other cheek however we have had a stressful 4 weeks regarding a villa we booked for 2020 & 2021
The villa management company was Citrus Grove Villas. We have used them many times before so thought we had a pretty safe & secure booking.
The villa owner has issues with the MC company and therefore left. So Citrus Grove Villas had both our deposits (over £1k) but no villa booked with them. They could not offer a villa at the same standard as the better ones had been booked up. So we have been chasing our deposits back daily with phone calls & emails.
The villa was advertised on VR360HOMES so we emailed them. They chased Iain (it just says Iain on VR360HOMES rather than citrus grove villas, he is the owner) and they took over chasing him. They advised us on Friday that they had given him until today to pay or further action would be taken.
Result! He has finally paid. It’s £85.55 short which I assume is down to the exchange rate.
This is not including the fees we incurred when paying via bank transfer.
But at least we have most of the money back. The whole business has left a nasty taste in my mouth and really put me off booking a villa (even though we love staying in villas and there are wonderful owners & MC out there)
The responses we have had back from Iain at citrus grove villas have been minimal and rude, he was in no rush what so ever pay us our money back. We are so disappointed by this company and would hate anyone else to experience this.
Sorry if this is not allowed on here but we certainly DO NOT recommend anyone to use Citrus Grove Villas (Iain kidney)

About 3 years ago we had a villa booked with them and only found out that the villa had been sold and no longer available to book when I tried to find it on VR360HOMES. We had to chase that up and he organised a different villa for us, this was only about 4 weeks before our departure so we had no choice. The villa was ok but nothing like the one we had originally booked and we would certainly never stay there again, it had worn out furniture and it was very dated. We did inform but he never replied. We though this was just unlucky but not anymore.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunshinekid
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for sharing. I’m glad you got most of your money back. That must have been an incredibly stressful time.
I hope you get other accommodation sorted.
Sunshinekid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Thanks for sharing. I always think its useful to hear of experiences like this - especially handy for people who are new to villa hire and not sure what sites/ companies to use. Im sure if they had speedily returned your deposit you would not be posting this so I see it as completely their own fault.
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sunshinekid View Post
Thanks for sharing. I’m glad you got most of your money back. That must have been an incredibly stressful time.
I hope you get other accommodation sorted.
Thanks you. My husband is pretty relaxed about things and nothing usually bothers him but we have used this MC for years and felt like we were loyal customers yet the service we have received has been disgraceful.
It’s a lot of money for us, we save really hard for our holidays so we are so relieved to get it back x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Thanks for sharing.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Bank transfers are not a sensible way to pay for a holiday as you have no or very little protection. You were lucky to get your money back
Old 10 Nov 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Glad it’s finally sorted at last for you, what a stressful time you’ve had, shouldn’t have taken a threat to make him pay though should it 😡
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Glad you got your money back (most of it anyway) hopefully you can now look forward to your hols. Please do trust us owners in the future, were a good bunch really.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Glad you got your money back (most of it anyway) hopefully you can now look forward to your hols. Please do trust us owners in the future, were a good bunch really.
Agreed, most owners are a good bunch.
The situation just stressed us out x x
Old 10 Nov 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I agree that has been a very stressful situation, but please please please pay at least something towards such a big purchase using a credit card. I'm so sorry that you have been left out if pocket though after all that stress.