Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Feb 10, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
In 6 trips to Orlando we have never gone to Gatorland.. the kids have asked a few times but they have seen Gators at Seaworld/Busch and several near KSC so i dont really see the need to pay to go to a Gator Farm..

That said i have no moral objections.. fact is Gators are reared for their meat just as we rear Cow/Pigs etc etc... Got to say though i hate the Alligator heads onsale in Bargain World.. who on earth buys them !
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 10, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
msp1969
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
Very interesting. We were considering this for this year but will now give it a miss. Had no idea.
Putting me off as well - was really looking forward to visiting.

WDW - Comfort Landings 2010 / Wynfield Inn 2008 / All Star Music 2000 / Buena Vista Resort 1990
DLP - Hotel Cheyenne 2008; 2007; 2006; 2005; 2004; 2002 / Davy Crockett 2003

msp1969 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 10, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post

we have been once & we actually enjoyed the day , its a personal choice about the shows at all the seaworld type centres , zoos safari parks etc etc
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 10, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mutley
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rigstig View Post
Cant see a problem myself, I dont find it any different to any of the zoos Ive been to here in the UK. And no doubt those that knock the place will be giving their hard earned to Disney Animal Kingdom, Seaworld and Busch Gardens.
To actually go to a park like Seaworld but refuse to watch just one of the shows because you dont agree with the principal is a tad pointlss IMO, if a park does something that you dont agree with, isnt it better to boycott the WHOLE park , The Shamu show is no more cruel than the bird show, Pets Ahoy, Wild Arctic etc etc.

We eat pigs and cows, Australians eat Kangaroo, Koreans eat dogs and some south American countries eat Guinea Pigs, japanese kill whales and Canadians club seal pups to death. Florida's natural resource along with beef is alligator.
I wonder how many people on here have eaten Veal... I used to work for a Veal producing farm many years ago, and Ive also worked in the pork and beef farming industry. Go take a look at some of the farms here in the UK [not the nice ones that are open to the public]... it might just put you off meat for life. Abbatoirs are a real eye opener, especially the religious ones. Ive been to Jewish but not Islamic, but the principal is just the same. Kebabs and chicken from the local curry house will be Halal killed meat.

Stuart
Thank God, someone with some sense, have been reading this thread and been thinking exactly the same thing, I have no problem with Gatorland, I also think people need to visit themselves to make there own mind up.
Old 3 Mar 10, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Everyone is different, I think its all to do with expectations, We will be visting the attraction in September.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 10, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
aydeepee
VIP Dibber

aydeepee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 7
I agree - eveyone is entitled to form their own opinion. I started the thread as I thought it really unpleasant and, having seen how busy it was - was wondering if was just me. It wasnt intended to say 'dont go' - although, like I said, some of the stuff I found a bit uncomfortable to watch. Plus - I was at the McDonalds on I-Drive and two representatives from Gatorland turned up with a gator with its mouth taped up and got the kids to take turns in sitting on it. I just think they take it too far thats all.

1993 - I-Drive & Clearwater / 1996 - I-Drive / 2006 - DLP / 2007 - I-Drive / 2008 - I-Drive & RPR / 2009 - I-Drive & RPR (again!) / 2011 - RPR / 2013 - RPR & Beach Club Resort / 2014 - RPR & Beach Club Resort / 2016 - RPR & Beach Club...again (Greatest Hits Tour!) / Sept 2019 - Silver Wedding Anniversary - Capes and Parks Tour / Sept 2022 - Cape, Beach & Parks + IAN! / Sept 2024 - hoping to avoid Ian v2 *
aydeepee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 10, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread