Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Oct 10, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post

I got an email off Debbie the other day telling me they were now taking bookings for 2011
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 10, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
churchy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by SimonV View Post
Hi there churchy

I tried to send you a pm rather than hijack the thread, in regard to the Brit Guide 2011, but it wouldn't go through for some reason So, if folks can put up with a quick digression here...

The 2008 edition was the start of our big re-design four years ago, so the overall layout and look of the book will still be quite similar. But we have added quite a lot of new content since that one was written, especially on the new Harry Potter area at Universal Orlando and a lot more on Self-Catering accommodation in that chapter. We are obviously fully up-to-date for all the openings and closures in the past four years (and there have been a lot of the latter, unfortunately), and we continue to refine things like the Dining Out chapter, adding new features and ideas for places to visit and ways to eat.

Hope that helps.

Simon
I shall buy the latest edition i can get my hands on before we go then --- i found it great for people like me that didnt want to plan a military campaign but still wanted relevant info on everything ---- We used many of the tips in the book too .
churchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 10, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by SimonV View Post
Hi there churchy

I tried to send you a pm rather than hijack the thread, in regard to the Brit Guide 2011, but it wouldn't go through for some reason So, if folks can put up with a quick digression here...

The 2008 edition was the start of our big re-design four years ago, so the overall layout and look of the book will still be quite similar. But we have added quite a lot of new content since that one was written, especially on the new Harry Potter area at Universal Orlando and a lot more on Self-Catering accommodation in that chapter. We are obviously fully up-to-date for all the openings and closures in the past four years (and there have been a lot of the latter, unfortunately), and we continue to refine things like the Dining Out chapter, adding new features and ideas for places to visit and ways to eat.

Hope that helps.

Simon
And to also hijack this thread - Simon and his wife, Susan will be appearing on the November Dibbbcast Show when I interview them about their books, their ambitions and their careers.

Back on topic - for me it has to be Spirit of the Swamp every time. So much more intimate and excellent value. Harold and Debi are the tops. As Mrs Grumpy and her hubby got off the boat, me and my partner Darrin got on.
Old 5 Oct 10, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by quacker View Post
Assuming all insured and ok now, can you just turn up and go or do you have to book in advance? - that is for Spirit of the Swamp by the way as I know BC is turn up and ride.

Is there much price difference etc.?
Book in advance for Spirit, Quacker. Believe me it's so much nicer just you and yours and not 20 odd complete strangers.

Edited at 07:16 PM.
Old 6 Oct 10, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Ali C
Excited about Disney

Ali C's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Moodyblue View Post
Hi

No deposit paid, they take a credit card number to hold the booking though... They take a telephone number so that if the weather is bad they can contact you to rearrange.

Hope that helps

Thanks for that. I will get on to them to book, we are really looking forward to it.

Allison
Old 6 Oct 10, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
gaity
Very Serious Dibber

gaity's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I had a email to saying they are now taking bookings for 2011,Debbie rang me and we arranged a date,just took credit card details and you pay when you get there.
She also said they hope to have moved by the time we go but would email the directions to the new place.

Very helpful is Debbie.
gaity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 10, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
molecake
New Poster (5)

We have just got back from our airboat ride with captain harold this morning, it was fantastic

There were just the two of us, it was very personal and very interesting. We didn't get to see any big gators, but we did see some baby one's and lots of birds. It's great to see some of Florida that is not just the theme parks.

Another good place to check out is the Big Cat Rescue in Tampa
molecake is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 10, 02:51 AM  
Link to this Post
alictait
Trying for More Ears

We just done this today after all the recommendations on the dibb. It was fab. Harold was so friendly and happy just to chew that fat with us when we were pretty much finished in the middle of the swamp, so much so that he actually got a phone call from debi asking where he was as he had another tour booked for 12 (we left at 10 for the 1.5hr tour). It was a lovely way to spend the morning of our last day in florida.

Not sure I have seen much posted on the actual prices of the tours but it was $40 for the hour tour or $65 for the 1.5hr tour. Worth every penny in our opinion.
alictait is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 10, 02:51 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread