Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 11 Feb 17, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
I always think that when people go to orlando and do not do disney, BUT go to DS and a resort or 2 it is like saying " Kids this is what you could have had "

always makes me laugh
Bit judgemental of the ops situation!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

Old Town,Celebration,Lousiana state park
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 17, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

We had lunch at Sanaa, then went outside to view the animals.

Food was good and the animal rangers were extremely informative. My thirteen year old cousin wants to be a park ranger in his native New England, so he was thrilled with the experience.

We ate at Beaches and Cream, wandered around the Boardwalk and were fortunate to see both Epcot and Hollywood Studios fireworks.

Raglan Road and House of Blues served great meals and they followed a wander - shopping - around Disney Springs. The new Drones Light Show is a new addition to the free entertainment available at Disney Springs.

Went on a friendship boat around Disney Springs.

You can do lots of Disney that you do not have time to do if you have park tickets.

This was an unexpected trip but lots of fun with only Legoland and Kennedy Space Centre tickets.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday
vowels is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 17, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Delighted that our choice of holiday gives you so much amusement. Being the wrong side of 70 and having already been over 30 times I believe we're entitled to holiday as we wish.
just because i find something humorous, I am not sure you need to " defend " your choice, if you are happy with it, then carry on, i can still find it humorous though

Originally Posted by vowels View Post
I am the wrong side of forty - or right side of fifty - and we had a holiday without Disney tickets. My children seemed happy to have a few meals at the resorts and Disney Springs. Loved our holiday.

Delighted to be in the same holiday club as Mick and Joan
see above

Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
Bit judgemental of the ops situation!
Nothing judgemental in my post, i just find it humorous, it reminds me of a old work mate of mine, used to take his children to the airport to see the planes and people going on holiday, that also made me laugh
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi, second the great advice given above, lots to do in both Disney Springs and Disney Boardwalk. If going as adults only then I would suggest a night out at Jellyrolls on the boardwalk. Cannot wait for my kids to be old enough that I can go again !

You can buy day tickets to the Waterparks which are quite reasonable. For Mini-golf, personally I would skip the Disney ones and do one of the many others available. I think Disney ones are a lot better themed ... comparatively expensive.

A special meal at one of the resorts, try at Animal Kingdom and have a look at the animals for example, or afternoon tea in the Grand Floridian. We also like doing valet parking at the contemporary, hop on the monorail to the ttc, hop off, go agross the lagoon on the ferry and then climb on the resort monorail and go back around the loop to the Contemporary. Stopping off for afternoon tea or a nosy as it takes your fancy.

Not Disney per-se but Celebration is kinda Ex-Disney and I still think you can see Walt's fingers in the way it is set up.

There are so many non-Disney things that can be done in Orlando too - dont know if you are thinking about any of those as well? Going on an airboat, tubing or walking in the National Parks
Old 13 Feb 17, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
phoebe23
Serious Dibber

4 week stay 2016 we did Pirates and Pals Firework Voyage, family ages - 4 to 65yrs. Great fun and spent time at Contemporary. Sanaa dinner & enjoying savannah. Wilderness Lodge trail ride. Disney Golf. Disney Springs/ Kids sprinklers and Cinema.
Since 1988 we've visited Disney Parks almost every year as 2 , 3 and 4 generations. Youngsters had 2weeks Universal and stayed over. We enjoyed the peace☺
2014 was the last WDW and 2015 DLP but never say never😂

Edited at 02:37 PM.
phoebe23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
slave1
Apprentice Imagineer

slave1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
We've done Disney to death, haven't been in two/three years and doubt we'll be back, they just seem overpacked the last few visits we had.
This year I'm going to do the Kitchen Sink again, just to have something Disney planned, they better eat it all this time
Easter 2011 [month in Linfields], August 2012 [month in Linfields], July 2013 [month in Linfields], July 2014 [5 weeks in Linfields], July 2015 [3 weeks in Linfields], June 2016 [3 weeks in Linfields]. Aug 2017 [3 weeks in Cagan's Crossing], October 2019 [2 weeks in Linfields], July/Aug 2020 17days Miami/Key West/Bonita/Orlando
slave1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
phoebe23
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by slave1 View Post
We've done Disney to death, haven't been in two/three years and doubt we'll be back, they just seem overpacked the last few visits we had.
This year I'm going to do the Kitchen Sink again, just to have something Disney planned, they better eat it all this time
This made me smile - DH says he can't physically walk down Main Street again - but there's always the train lol😂
phoebe23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Disney Springs is worth a walk around, and you can bus from there to any of the hotels, which are all so different. Fancy trying Creole food? Port Orleans French Quarter. A nice boat ride? Contemporary to Wilderness Lodge. See the MK fireworks? Stairwell at the Contemporary. Boardwalk in the evening for eating, strolling and entertainment.
Old 13 Feb 17, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

We've done the parks many times so for our family we don't feel like we are missing too much going for a year and not doing a Disney park and spending £100's on their park tickets.

We are quite happy to get a bit of a Disney fix going to Disney Springs, or playing fantasia mini golf before a wander to the boardwalk.

We've done different things like air boat rides etc which have given us equally fantastic family time and very special memories.

It can be a wonderful holiday without time in a Disney park.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List