Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 20 Apr 17, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire Lad
Excited about Disney

Road Trip - Florida - Advice Needed

myself and DW & DD(19) are doing a road trip this year, we decided to give WDW a rest, but are still staying at Universal on arrival for two days and then heading on as below

2 days - Universal
3 days - Clearwater
2 days - Naples
2 days - Marathon
1 day - Key West
2 days - Miami Beach
2 Days - I-drive

i have booked hotels on Booking.Com, and Booked car with Andy discountfloridacarhire, just waiting now for flights, but looks as thought will go with Thomson LGW-SFB.

if anyone can give me any tips on places to see or things to do, would be much appreciated, and any tips on food etc.

thanks for your help.
Yorkshire Lad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Your trip looks amazing I love the idea of a road trip but our DS is still a bit young for one and I couldn't deal with him constantly asking "are we there yet?"

We're giving Disney a rest this year too and have rented a villa on the Gulf Coast and are hoping to do some exploring from there. We're not going till October so I've not actually done all that much research yet but I read a great trip report about the Naples/Fort Myers area by Capecoralfl which had some good recommendations. It might be worth a read for you
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Naples- Marathon
I would say use route US-41 S/Tamiami Trail and not I75 time wise its about the same.
But US-41 S/Tamiami Trail is more scenic

Clearwater
"Sunsets at Pier 60," a Clearwater Beach tradition, offers a variety of crafts/Sellers and Free street entertainers ( Tips only at end of show ) from 6 - 9 p.m. each night.
Sunset Cinema FREE outdoor movie theater under the stars
sunsetsatpier60/

Edited at 10:10 PM.
TEL N KEL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 17, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
aajp
Very Serious Dibber

If its ok I'll jump on your post as we too have booked Florida 2018 and are not doing Disney as I feel it is so expensive nd my ds has out grown it. Looking at a road trip on east and west coast and will probably buy a SW pass to break it up a bit.
aajp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 17, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire Lad
Excited about Disney

thanks Tel N Kel will have a look at that, and aajp more than welcome.
Yorkshire Lad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 17, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire Lad
Excited about Disney

thanks Gabsnooot will have a look at that trippie
Old 21 Apr 17, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Hank
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
From Clearwater head down the coast on your way to Naples and over the Sunshine Skyway, fantastic bridge. Always thought it is better than some of the rides at Disney

Hank
Hank is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 17, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
capecoralfl
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hank View Post
From Clearwater head down the coast on your way to Naples and over the Sunshine Skyway, fantastic bridge. Always thought it is better than some of the rides at Disney

Hank
You are right - done it hundreds of times and still love it!
capecoralfl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 17, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire Lad
Excited about Disney

Hank

thanks for that will make sure we go that way.
Old 23 Apr 17, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Chunky_WDW
Proud to wear my Ears

We've been to naples only the once so I can't offer much but we really enjoyed a mall called miromar outlet mall that's good if you enjoy shopping. But naples beach is a must I think we only found it by chance and were really lucky to park the car but I'm sure with a bit of research it will be easier. The beach is amazing white sand warm clear sea and a nice pier to walk along. ☺