Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 6 Jan 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Ooo very excited for another of your food reports! We arrive just as you leave, please try and save some food for us (especially Cowfish!)
Are you going to the Orlando Informer event at Universal on the 27th?
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It sounds like you are going to have a fun time with only yourself to please (most of the time) you can do what you want when you want! Jealous? Me? Not at all!

I hope you have a fab trip.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yayy! Looking forward to this. We are off to universal for part of our trip in October so It’ll be nice to hear all about your food fancies. We really enjoyed Cowfish last time and fully expect to do Vivo Italian Kitchen in October. It was a toss up last time you see, so it’ll be fab to hear your thoughts on Vivo.

Read you soon.

Kat 😃
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Awesome, looking forward to your hilarious reviews!
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Looking forward to this and love the title
Old 8 Jan 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Yeah another trip for you.

We are there from the 9th to the 18th of April so will try not to eat everything in sight and leave some tasty items for you.
Yes please do leave some snacks, especially the elusive twisted potato which I’ve still never seen ‘in the flesh’. You would not like to meet a Hangry Porker

Originally Posted by Carol_G View Post
Why have I never seen your first report. I feel a little overnight reading is about to commence.

Can’t wait for this one either.
Well I hope we see you again after reading the pre-trip of the last one fingers crossed you enjoy; Carol and thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Ooo very excited for another of your food reports! We arrive just as you leave, please try and save some food for us (especially Cowfish!)
Are you going to the Orlando Informer event at Universal on the 27th?
Ooh lucky for you too can’t wait to try Cowfish. We’re not doing that event, no such luck - my Saturday will be spend in the husband chairs of various mall stores

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It sounds like you are going to have a fun time with only yourself to please (most of the time) you can do what you want when you want! Jealous? Me? Not at all!

I hope you have a fab trip.
Will be nice to go to things like the Horror Make Up show that my family tend to refuse. And Cinnabon for breakfast at least once can’t wait and thanks for following again

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Yayy! Looking forward to this. We are off to universal for part of our trip in October so It’ll be nice to hear all about your food fancies. We really enjoyed Cowfish last time and fully expect to do Vivo Italian Kitchen in October. It was a toss up last time you see, so it’ll be fab to hear your thoughts on Vivo.

Read you soon.

Kat 😃
Was so set on Vivo last time then switched it twice, ending up in Bice at the Portofino which was well overpriced. Not making that mistake again! Can’t wait

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Awesome, looking forward to your hilarious reviews!
I’ll try to not get too distracted by the Potter fan fiction no pressure

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Looking forward to this and love the title
Thank you, I was tempted to further embellish with Hairy Porker but it’s too good a nickname for the other pupils to call him. Philosophers Scone works better with a southern accent than a northern one mind (mine moves all over the place)

Thanks all for reading this nonsense hoping to confirm our hotel, or should I say Harry’s house - soon.

Edited at 10:03 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

How exciting, it's a bit of a dream of mine to have some solo time in the parks. Hope you're enjoying the planning.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

So looking forward to reading your holiday foody reports. Hoping to get some ideas for our trip in October.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
How exciting, it's a bit of a dream of mine to have some solo time in the parks. Hope you're enjoying the planning.
I have to admit because its Universal and because I only have myself to worry about I'm doing no planning beyond the list of restaurants in the first post. And loving it I have to say Will let you know how I get on with the solo stuff, its always been something I'm interested in too, last time out my plans for a late night MK solo went awry

Originally Posted by taylaboo View Post
So looking forward to reading your holiday foody reports. Hoping to get some ideas for our trip in October.
Thank you, lots of food lots of jokes of varying quality I hope you enjoy

Edited at 06:08 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Chapter 2 - Sorted

Harry logged onto the portal with a simple spell (windosium leviosa as any wizards reading will know) and waited for the livestream to start. These days the sorting of students for the Universal School of Gluttony was done by a dancing paperclip. They used to pull names out of a hat in a live show but it was done on a screen now. No-one really knew why.

Excited to find out what house he would be placed in, Harry considered all the options. Probably they wouldn’t put him with the hungry kids in Cabana or the too cool for school brigade in Hard Rock House. Royal Pacific was a bit of a meh option, not really known for anything. No, it was Portofino House that he wanted. That’s where a Porker could achieve greatness!

The animated paperclip was making a bit of a meal of the announcements, dancing all over the shop as one by one it read out each student’s name and their house. It took forever to get from the first student; Neville Allsorts all the way down to the P’s.

with an infuriating raise of eyebrows it shouldn’t possess

Harry wasn’t sure whether to laugh or cry. First of all, the good news - Royal Pacific gave him early access to breakfast in Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley. This was a MAJOR perk that those poor souls in Cabana House could only dream of. But the other two houses had the same perk.

OK so he had no interest in Hard Rock House. Students there were skinny wretches rumoured to survive only on sherbet and butterbeer. That didn’t appeal. But Harry really wanted to join the fine diners of Portofino House, students there could choose from five (5!) Italian restaurants. People said Portofino students were a bit snooty or even downright evil. But damn it, pasta, gnocchi ala gorgonzola and all manner of fine dining to boot meant Harry would have been prepared to put up with a few stuck up brats.

“How’d you like Royal Pacific House, Porker? At least we won’t have your sweaty mitts pawing at the breakfast lobster.”

The shrill voice through the speaker disturbed Harry from his hunger pangs (breakfast was over an hour ago). No way was breakfast lobster a thing. At least he hoped not. He eyed up his accuser, Draco Millefeuille. Draco was Portofino House to the core and a nemesis of his since primary school. Also on the screen was his usual sidekick Crab, a nasty lump you did not want to tangle with.

“Shut up Draco” he replied to the thin, blond boy. “And stop killing me in Fortnite, I know you’ve got cheats on your account, Ron Wotsit told me.”

“Do not!” said Draco. “Your as slow in the game as in rl you big...Hairy Porker.” Hardly a great insult, Harry thought and in no way original. Crab’s cruel laughter rang in his ears as he closed the browser window.

Hey! That was my gig

Edited at 01:33 PM.