Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Feb 12, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post

Cabana at Aquatica ... which ones best - worth it ?

Hello everyone, I was thinking of hiring a cabana at Aquatica for the day and was wondering if it is actually worth it? I go end of August ... also which cabana is best to hire, I notice that they have a fridge, can you take your own food and drink into Aquatica? Thank you in advance for your replies
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 12, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by shelches View Post
Hello everyone, I was thinking of hiring a cabana at Aquatica for the day and was wondering if it is actually worth it? I go end of August ... also which cabana is best to hire, I notice that they have a fridge, can you take your own food and drink into Aquatica? Thank you in advance for your replies
We hired one for the 4 of us last August. Yes, it is expensive but a godsend with the hot weather as when we looked around, there wasn't that much shade.
Our cabana was situated at the side of the wave pool. Sorry can't be more specific as it was the first time we had ever set foot in Aquatica and am none the wiser whether that was a good spot or not. We were very happy there. It was so quiet and it was lovely to drop the drapes down for more privacy and me and DH had a little snooze
Plenty of water provided as well as towels and a resonable sized locker.
I think you may be able to take some food and drink in but we paid $15 for a picnic which fed 6 and it lasted us, with 2 teenage eating machines, all day ! We just popped the chicken in the fridge and nibbled throughout the day.
The cabana has 2 sunloungers and 2 chairs plus a table.
Oh, and a ceiling fan.
Someone comes around fairly regulary to take away any rubbish and make sure everything is spik and span.
You cannot enter the cabana entrance without a wristband and there was a man checking on the entrance which was reassuring.
We had the cabana for roughly 8 hours, As I said to DH, I paid good money, I'm staying as long as possible
It really is a nice treat if, like me, you like your privacy and no need to worry about snoring with your mouth wide open and dribbling for all to see... not a pretty site
Old 16 Feb 12, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney4ever
VIP Dibber

Disney4ever's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by SKIPPY ROO View Post
We hired one for the 4 of us last August. Yes, it is expensive but a godsend with the hot weather as when we looked around, there wasn't that much shade.
Our cabana was situated at the side of the wave pool. Sorry can't be more specific as it was the first time we had ever set foot in Aquatica and am none the wiser whether that was a good spot or not. We were very happy there. It was so quiet and it was lovely to drop the drapes down for more privacy and me and DH had a little snooze
Plenty of water provided as well as towels and a resonable sized locker.
I think you may be able to take some food and drink in but we paid $15 for a picnic which fed 6 and it lasted us, with 2 teenage eating machines, all day ! We just popped the chicken in the fridge and nibbled throughout the day.
The cabana has 2 sunloungers and 2 chairs plus a table.
Oh, and a ceiling fan.
Someone comes around fairly regulary to take away any rubbish and make sure everything is spik and span.
You cannot enter the cabana entrance without a wristband and there was a man checking on the entrance which was reassuring.
We had the cabana for roughly 8 hours, As I said to DH, I paid good money, I'm staying as long as possible
It really is a nice treat if, like me, you like your privacy and no need to worry about snoring with your mouth wide open and dribbling for all to see... not a pretty site
Completely agree with everything said above. We also had one in August and the relief from the heat was wonderful. It is expensive but if you stay all day (and we did) it's wonderful to have your own space. We were especially lucky with the weather on the day we went, no storm or even showers, so we really needed the shade at times.
98DLP; Feb99 Travldge; Oct00 IndWells; Oct02 IndWells; Dec04 DLP DL Hotel; Apr09 PalmsHotel; Jul10 CumbLakes; Aug11 St. AugAS MoviesYacht Club; Aug13 CumbLakes; Jul14 FloPines; Mar15 CumbLakes; Aug15 IntDriveCabBayVeroBeachAoA; Aug16 Canada,Anaheim,San Diego; Mar17 CumbLakes; Mar18 RadissonCelebration; Mar19 CumbLakes; Nov19 AS Sports; Dec21 Encantada; Jun22 Encantada; AugSep22 SF,Canada,Anaheim,SanDiego; May23 Islamorada,Encantada; Sep23 Encantada; Jan24 POP
Disney4ever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 12, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post

thank you for the replies... think I will go ahead and book one - the picnic option for 4 people looks good to, so will add that on as well!
Old 16 Feb 12, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

It enabled us to stay all day and was the best time we'd had at Aquatica. If you can afford it I would recommend.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 12, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Ohhh I saw this on the website and quite fancied it as we are at the end of July start of August. Im going to book one now, thanks.
Old 20 Feb 12, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sammi71
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 22
We had one last month, although it wasnt busy and not as hot as in the summer it was lovely to have some privacy.
We looked at the cost of lockers for 5 of us plus the fact of cold drinks all day and it wasnt that much more expensive.
And yes I too managed an afternoon snooze on one of the sunloungers
sammi71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 12, 05:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Saxon
Very Serious Dibber

Hi

how much are they? and how do you book? through the website?
Saxon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 12, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post

hi you can book them in advance through the website, we are trying to work out the benefit/difference of a 'pool view' cabana and a 'premium cabana', the only difference we can tell is location and furniture?!
is the location of the premium ones that much better? we like the idea of being in a 'quiet' spot to retreat to, we had two loungers on roa's island a couple of years back but found that to be a bit of a pain to get in and out all the time...
Old 21 Feb 12, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post

We've been to Aquatica 3 or 4 times the past couple of easters.They are quite strict about taking food in.Last year an american lady in front of us had all of her food taken from her at the bag check (including a half eaten mc donalds?).
The queues for food can be long as well come mealtimes ,we ended up waiting 1.5 hours last year for sandwiches!
We are going back this easter and will be going to aquatica as it is an excellent attraction apart from the aforementioned.Am going to look into the cabana hire also, as i was'nt aware you could get a picnic,thanks for the inspiration.
Closed Thread