Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 11 May 12, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for your replies, he goes to the cinema all the time by himself here but its a bit different when you have food as well I guess!

Will def try and sell it to him just for the shoppping trip alone lol!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 12, 03:30 AM  
Link to this Post

I was at the Amc at downtown Disney on 08/05/2012 with my 7 year old son. We watched the marvel avengers in3d. Cinema wasn't packed,service was good without being intrusive and cinema I would say at best was 1/2 full
Old 12 May 12, 05:52 AM  
Link to this Post
emwratten
Imagineer

Ooh I think we would love this, thanks for the heads up
emwratten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 12, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
This sounds great ... now I'll have to find space to fit it in. Hopefully, Vickie, you can just turn up, as we might have it as a 'what shall we do now' ? kind of thing
Caj
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 12, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DeniseC
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
We did this for the first time during our recent holiday.

Was a little apprehensive about the concept. However it was a great experience and would do it again. Good food.

Would suggest getting there early and eating prior to the film starting as it was a little dark when the lights went down even with your own personal light.

Apparently Universal will be doing the same in the near future.

Denise
DeniseC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 12, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

We did it twice this year and loved it the seats are great and the foods not bad if you are planning to catch a film in Orlando you wont find a better way to do it.
keith1973 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 12, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Heya thanx for the fab review hulk,must put this on our to do list, loving this thread
XTracy
Old 13 May 12, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
cebse
Excited about Disney

How much does this cost can only find the menu prices. What is the price for the film.
Old 14 May 12, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
debbiex
Apprentice Imagineer

Amc dine in cinema dtd

Originally Posted by Duffers View Post
Heya thanx for the fab review hulk,must put this on our to do list, loving this thread
XTracy
Tracy have we got any more room think we need more than two wks x
Old 15 May 12, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by The Hulk View Post
Yes we done this twice last year and loved it! Part of me though it would be distracting people being served food while your trying to watch a film but it really is not. The way the seats are well spaced out and so big, you are not really right next to people. The servers are very discreet when they come to take your order and they have several servers looking after a block of seats each. You get time to browse the menu when you first arrive and so we ordered our food before the film had even started. The drinks arrived and softdrinks are re-fillable, which like most restaurants they just keep an eye and bring you a re-fill when they can see you are nearly empty so no need to press your button to ask.

You basically have huge leather seats, very comfortable which recline and have a footrest to chill out. There is a small bench like table infront of you with a small low light so you can read menu and see what your eating. When you fancy something to eat you press you button (this is the novelty that we love, pressing a button and they bring you food and drinks-fab! ), your server comes along when they see your light is lit, descreetly bends down next to you and takes your order. Not noisy or intrusive at all. There was 3 of us and only one of us would press our light when we wanted something to save all of us constantly pressing our buttons. The food was served fairly quickly, nice and fresh and delicious. It is quite pricy (but what Disney restaurant isn't) but worth it and we class this as our lunch/dinner etc instead of going for seperate meal before or after, so we would be spending this much anyway (for 3 of us last year cost about $70 for 4 entree's,DH ordered 2 as he loved the novelty, 2 desserts, 2 bags of M&M's and unlimited drinks)

They bring you your bill just as the film is finishing and you pay your server direct then go. We loved it so much last year we already scheduled in at least 2 more visits when we go this year. I noticed they had also expanded the menu choice which is good, see link below for this.

In short I would highly recommend. It's a fun family night out, with nice food and the novelty factor makes it special. You can't get anything like this is the UK so give it a try if you fancy it. PS the popcorn is unlimited too, but we never tried that yet, if you don't want to go for full meal and just wanted a drink and lots of popcorn :pop:

dinein.amctheatres/menu
Thank you for this brilliant review, it persudaded us to try it out and we had a fantastic time!

We saw The Avengers in Real 3D and the tickets were $18 each. Normal tickets were $14 for non 3D I believe but it might be more or less depending on the day and time of day you go. We went on Sunday at 4.30pm.

We will definitely do this again as the whole experience was great, from the seats being large, leather, reclining and comfy down to the service which was really good. Food was yummy too and not bad prices! :pop:

Thanks again Hulk
angelbabe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread