Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 11 May 13, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post

The last time we went - 2008 - we had a great time.Thursday nights were Bike nights, Fridays were Custom cars and saturdays were Classic cars. I think they have now stopped the bike nights though. Great family rides and a good relaxed atmosphere.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 13, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Wink

Go and try old town at the weekend it's a great night
Don't understand why people say its run down needs investment
OLD TOWN the name is what it's supposed to portray an old American town
It ain't celebration but its a fun night
I go where the locals go old town
Old 11 May 13, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
shauney
Imagineer

Every time we go to Florida we do Old Town on a Saturday night. It is a bit tatty but it's a refreshing change from the (IMHO) over-sanitized Disney.
shauney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 13, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_bell
Imagineer

miss_bell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We went to Old Town last Sat evening but left after a walk down the main street. Felt very unsafe. Lots of seedy people about drinking and eyeing up what you had. I have been many times over the years and have been visiting since I was a little kid but its the first time I have felt like this. Also noted a lot of the stores had closed and a number of bars have opened up.
1990 Motel 1991 I Drive 1995 & 1998 Villa 2003 Lindfields 2005 & 2007 SL 2005 Bahama Bay 2006 NBH 2008 Liki tiki Resort 2009 & 2018 POFQ 2011 & 2016 Cheyenne 2012 OKW 2013 Coral Cay 2015 SSL 2015 SSR&BCR 2019 WL 2016 & 2022 CSR 2014 & 2023 CBR 2024 ASMU

miss_bell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 13, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
LIZH
Imagineer

We used to go every year, my Mum loved it, but really, I don't think there is much to do, but my DH, did win a medal for me and I still have it nearly 10 years later, I hung it over the mirror on my dressing table.
LIZH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 13, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post

We are interested in going to look at the classic cars. We are going in June We will be using public transport though. We are staying at the Rosen Inn near Universal. Was wondering if anyone knows what bus to get? Or would a taxi be the best option. We are first timers
Old 11 May 13, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sarefeet
Having Dinner with Goofy

As a petrol head the cruise is a must see, and it has a 60's feel to it, some old style cafe's and rock and roll music,

The car owners are very friendly and will talk all night about their cars, got some great pics of my son in some classic muscle cars
Old 11 May 13, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
vickyc651
Imagineer

The best advice I can give you is go and check it out for yourself. DH, I and our 2 DD's went and had a fab time. Its where a lot of the locals like to go hang out. We went on the Saturday night when the car cruise takes place, some of them are amazing. Not once did it feel unsafe, nor did I feel threatened. There is usually a live band performing and many people will participate in line dancing, albeit with a couple of drinks in them. Thats all part of the atmosphere and what makes it so different. I love to sit, have a glass of red and people watch. Many family are present. I really enjoyed it and my family did too. Enjoy
Old 12 May 13, 04:55 AM  
Link to this Post
ArthurDavid
Trainee Dibber

I think Mickey House has Never Been inside the area.

He Should Stop some evening and walk around,

I wonder how safe is His area in UK ?
ArthurDavid is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 13, 05:09 AM  
Link to this Post

We have been visiting for 25 years usually a Saturday night. Had lots of interesting conversation with car owners who are there to take part in the car parade. We have seen it decline and then come back to life again it is quite popular with locals who come out to "line dance" to the live band on a Saturday evening. It is what it is has the feel of years gone by and the sort of County Fair type thing of the more rural towns at fair time. Great if you like people watching, it's not Disney but we have never felt it was dangerous as some people do. I would say give it a try, it's free.

Alison
Closed Thread