Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Oct 14, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Mine took 3 days earlier this year.

Worst case.. Do save time..
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 14, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mummykj View Post
With a bit of luck it will come as quickly as yours, DVLA said it was due to be posted on sat morning and I need it Thursday morning so I'm crossing everything I have😁 hoping it gets here soon! Thanks
Did your licence arrive mummykj?
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 14, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
mummykj
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Did your licence arrive mummykj?
YES! it did indeed!
Lots and lots of thanks to all the DIBBERS who were such a big help and reassurance in my nightmare scenario! My license came amazingly quickly, I renewed online at 4.30 on Friday, DVLA confirmed it was already done by 6.30pm that night , it was posted Saturday morning and arrived Wed morning. SOOOOOOO thankful!
There's no way they would have given me the car without it and they did actually check it pretty closely, not to mention all the times folks ask for photo ID when shopping here, it seems to be part of normal process here.
In any event, it came, we got the car and have done loads of driving as usual. Another fabulous trip to Florida, roll on retirement! ,
mummykj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 14, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrsfrog
Trying for More Ears

Ok. SO How many of us read this and then went and checked their own licences were still in date? Oh, just me then!blush:
Mrsfrog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 14, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
I've just moved house and had to apply for my first every photo licence, it arrived in 6 days. I changed my sons photo licence online and it arrived in 3 days so they seem to be dealing with things quickly.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 14, 04:55 AM  
Link to this Post

It's just the paper part of the photo license they are ceasing with not the green and pink license
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 14, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mrsfrog View Post
Ok. SO How many of us read this and then went and checked their own licences were still in date? Oh, just me then!blush:
Oh how I wish I had seen this thread

I fly first thing Wednesday, today is Saturday! eek
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 14, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
YES! it did indeed!
Lots and lots of thanks to all the DIBBERS who were such a big help and reassurance in my nightmare scenario! My license came amazingly quickly, I renewed online at 4.30 on Friday, DVLA confirmed it was already done by 6.30pm that night , it was posted Saturday morning and arrived Wed morning. SOOOOOOO thankful!
There's no way they would have given me the car without it and they did actually check it pretty closely, not to mention all the times folks ask for photo ID when shopping here, it seems to be part of normal process here.
In any event, it came, we got the car and have done loads of driving as usual. Another fabulous trip to Florida, roll on retirement! ,
Glad you got sorted - but I think anyone who reads this thread will be scurrying to check photo renewal date... come know mine is ok as I did it a couple of yrs ago but DW's

Thanks for making this another MUST check - so easily missed

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 14, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

YES! it did indeed!
Excellent - thanks for replying as I had hoped it would all be okay. We fly 10th Nov and when we get back in May I have to renew my passport as it expires March 2016 and we'll be in Fla then. I'll attend in person at the Durham office as my 10 year visa is in there and I don't want it out of my hands too long, they'll add on the 9 months outstanding... then I'll apply for my DL as that too is due to expire whilst in Fla in 2016, hopefully they should be able to use my pp photo and like you I'll have that back within a week.

At least we don't have to carry our counterparts after the 1st Jan 2015, unless the DVLA delay that date! Never pre-empt the government

Good to read you are having a smashing time.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 14, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread