Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Sep 16, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Is discovery cove worth booking, even with a 1 year old and 6 year old who's not a confident swimmer

Is discovery cove worth booking, we are a family of 2 adults and 2 children, 1 will be age 6 he can swim but not bery confident and a 1 year old.
We wouldnt book the dolphin swim this time.
But is it worth it?
I went 10 years ago but really don't know, I know my eldest would enjoy the stingray pool and seeing all the birds and the lazy river, but not sure if its worth it this trip with a 1 year old in tow or wait until they are both older and can do the dolphin swim and have the full expreience of it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 16, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Imo its not worth it yet.

We've only done D Cove once but we waited till both kids were old enough to do the dolphin swim.

Prior to that we used to have days on the beach where its free.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 16, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Party of 5
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Party of 5's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Definitely worth it. Remember you get 14 days of seaworld and aquatica included in the price, worked out for us we were paying and extra £40 each for the day. It's an all inclusive day so great for your budget, you get your wetsuits,suncream,shower gel etc included, all of your food,breakfast,lunch and snacks and drinks all day plus a complimentary photo of you all to take home. Your one year old will be free anyway.life jackets are provided and there is a lovely bird aviary too. We took my two year old and he loved sitting in the water with me, touching the stingrays. also playing with the sand. We sat on some loungers by the dolphin swim too so our little ones could see them up close.
It was a fantastic day, well worth it. Hope this helps!
Party of 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 16, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
danc99
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

I confess I had assumed it wouldn't be worth it for a non-swim but as last poster says it's not that much more than the sea world 3 park ticket. If you are planning seaworld and aquatica then I would say it makes sense. If you don't want to do those 2, then it's a lot for 1 day with no dolphin swim.
danc99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 16, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
tifab
Excited about Disney

tifab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If you do decide to go we found in past that using the snorkels with young children can be a bit tricky, this year we got a TRIBORD Easybreath mask from decathlon for our DD before we went thanks to a recommendation on the dibb! It's a great mask as it fits over the whole face and they don't have to have anything in their mouth. Our DD was talking and singing in the water! It's one less thing for them to think about.
There are plenty of shallow areas in the great reef so they can see the fish. There is a trench in the middle and you can stand on the edge with your face in and watch all the fish go past.

Edited at 08:19 AM.
tifab is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 16, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Brilliant. Thankyou so much for your replies. We are planning to do seaworld and aquatica anyway so I guess it does make sense with the tickets for them included.
Thanks for the tip on the facemask will have a look at them, my little one loved the trip to the aquarium watching the fish, so he can enjoy watching them aswell
Thankyou
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 16, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
hjanea46
slightly serious Dibber

So pleased you've asked this as I was just wondering the same thing. I was really looking forward to shark reef at Typhoon Lagoon but its closing. My Dd, myself and Granny would be able to do the dolphin swim but that won't be fair on DS who will be 4 so we will save it for next time (2021 hoefully! ). We were planning two days at seaworld anyway so it will be just a bit more expensive but hopefully worth it for the experience.

Helen.
hjanea46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 16, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
VickieMH
Imagineer

I loved DC but I would not swim with the dolphins again. I felt that I didn't swim with them and the time was limited felt ripped off personally
Old 16 Sep 16, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

I love DC. We have done swim and non swim now. If you are going to buy Seaworld and Aquatica tickets then in my opinion DC is excellent value. We have never needed to eat or drink anything else on our days. My youngest was 2 when we went first time, he had an amazing time. As for your weak swimmer, wearing life jackets is the norm there so he wont feel out of place, mine absolutely love the rays and the avairy. I wouldn't bother with the dolphin swim as it will be a pain for you juggling the little one and it adds to the cost. I enjoyed the swim but I enjoyed the non swim day just as much and as we didn't swim i had more time to enjoy the other places in the park.
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 16, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread