Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 24 Apr 17, 03:50 AM  
Link to this Post
ILOV3DOLPHINS
Excited about Disney

Not sure what to do...

I have started signing up to lots of email clubs as we near our holiday date, mostly for shopping and eateries. But a few of the restaurants ask you for our preferred location or favourite location but our problem is we don't know where our villa is going to be until we get there. Do they only let you use the coupons in your selected location?!
I'm not sure whether to carry on signing up or just wait to do it when we get there and when know where we are going to be?!..I'm going to call Thomson's a few days before we fly to see if they will tell me where we will be staying but I don't know how successful we will be!

Any other tips for any discount vouchers will be greatly appreciated
TIA

Holidaying like Kings - May 2017 @ Orlando Villas.. Doing WDW pregnant - September 2012 @ Rosen inn at pointe Orlando.
ILOV3DOLPHINS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 04:57 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Get each person in your party to sign up for a different preference so you are covered.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
spoonarama
Getting Excited

Vast majority of our coupons have been accepted at other locations (Denny's, Joe's Crab Shack, ColdStone etc.) the only one I think that has been really specific about location was IHOP but from memory they send the coupon pretty quickly so I'd hold out if you can.

Word of caution some of the coupons we've signed up for have only been valid till the end of that month, so looking at your countdown I'd wait until May before applying for anything.
spoonarama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Definitely echo holding out on signing up at the moment.
We signed up the week before we went and loads of the vouchers expired within the first week we were there.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Most villas are near and around the 192, not all, I know. But that would be a good base to get coupons for. I didn't do mine until the night before we flew. Some have short dates expiry dates on. Look out for more discount booklets in some stores and restaurants when you get there. And have birthdays for your time there, you should get birthday discounts sent through. (they don't check the dates)!
Old 1 May 17, 03:47 AM  
Link to this Post
ILOV3DOLPHINS
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by spoonarama View Post
Vast majority of our coupons have been accepted at other locations (Denny's, Joe's Crab Shack, ColdStone etc.) the only one I think that has been really specific about location was IHOP but from memory they send the coupon pretty quickly so I'd hold out if you can.

Word of caution some of the coupons we've signed up for have only been valid till the end of that month, so looking at your countdown I'd wait until May before applying for anything.
Thank you ever so much for replying. I didn't realise the coupons have such a small time limit or that it would be tied to that specific month, so thank you. I think I've just been so eager to get everything done and up together that I'm getting a bit too far ahead of myself now. I am going to hold off for signing up to any more and just do them the night that we get there. Not long now, eeekk! 😁

Originally Posted by Rjdeadams View Post
Definitely echo holding out on signing up at the moment.
We signed up the week before we went and loads of the vouchers expired within the first week we were there.
I am definitely holding off for now. Going to do the rest when we are there now. I'm just getting too impatient 😂

Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
Most villas are near and around the 192, not all, I know. But that would be a good base to get coupons for. I didn't do mine until the night before we flew. Some have short dates expiry dates on. Look out for more discount booklets in some stores and restaurants when you get there. And have birthdays for your time there, you should get birthday discounts sent through. (they don't check the dates)!
See, I was wondering about if they would check birthdays or not, I wasn't sure how picky they would be! But if they don't check then that's great, I will try and get a few birthday treats thrown in too 😊 Thank you.

Holidaying like Kings - May 2017 @ Orlando Villas.. Doing WDW pregnant - September 2012 @ Rosen inn at pointe Orlando.
ILOV3DOLPHINS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 17, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I'm going to open a separate email account before we go and then I won't be bombarded with emails on my usual account.

My plan is to register a few days before we go.
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 17, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ILOV3DOLPHINS
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by thefourDs View Post
I'm going to open a separate email account before we go and then I won't be bombarded with emails on my usual account.

My plan is to register a few days before we go.
Yes, I have done a separate email address too. My normal one is overcrowded with junk so thought that by starting a separate one it would be easier