Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 May 17, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
GEMMAMCG
Imagineer

Seaworld /Busch/acquatica

Hi, I was just wondering how busy these parks are compared with universal and Disney parks? We are going in June/July and just doing these parks as we were told that they not as busy since the seaworld scandal?
Old 14 May 17, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeymac
Excited about Disney

I am not sure which scandal, excuse my ignorance.

In July we have found Aquatica very busy with sometimes long queues on the best rides... same as all water parks. Seaworld is busy, sometimes not so crowded as Universal or Disney, but once again all the best rides are big queues, but tolerable.

My favourite park is Busch, it is a big area and generally feels more spacious. Once again the most popular rides will have queues but these are usually move at a reasonable speed. Arriving first thing is worth it to get the big rides done. Additionally in the evening it gets quieter. The best time is always after a late afternoon downpour...many people head home and the rides can be walk on. I think it helps that many people travel over from Orlando, rather than wait it out and drive home in dark, head home.

I have found similar in Universal, but most people will wait out late afternoon downpours, but if pours in the evening... it can get really quiet, which is brill.

All above is my opinion, but you could look at wait times history for more detailed info

Edited at 11:14 PM.
Mickeymac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
GEMMAMCG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mickeymac View Post
I am not sure which scandal, excuse my ignorance.

In July we have found Aquatica very busy with sometimes long queues on the best rides... same as all water parks. Seaworld is busy, sometimes not so crowded as Universal or Disney, but once again all the best rides are big queues, but tolerable.

My favourite park is Busch, it is a big area and generally feels more spacious. Once again the most popular rides will have queues but these are usually move at a reasonable speed. Arriving first thing is worth it to get the big rides done. Additionally in the evening it gets quieter. The best time is always after a late afternoon downpour...many people head home and the rides can be walk on. I think it helps that many people travel over from Orlando, rather than wait it out and drive home in dark, head home.

I have found similar in Universal, but most people will wait out late afternoon downpours, but if pours in the evening... it can get really quiet, which is brill.

All above is my opinion, but you could look at wait times history for more detailed info
The blackfish documentary but maybe that's all passed now
Old 15 May 17, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

We found seaworld and busch gardens very quiet but went in February n didnt do aquatica
MTEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
GEMMAMCG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MTEC View Post
We found seaworld and busch gardens very quiet but went in February n didnt do aquatica
Oh I hope june and July are quiet too
Old 15 May 17, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

We love going
It's a personal choice and preference
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

We are going in June to all three of them, we also read that Seaworld has been quieter because of the scandal, we last went in 2014, so can't really compare what is was like then to what it will be.
Pop Century May 07 + All Star Sports March 06
La Quinta Inn Lakeside March 05
Taggie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
spookle24
Excited about Disney

Mobile

The new Mako coaster at Sea world is awesome
Old 15 May 17, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
jamie_91
Excited about Disney

We came back last week, we found all three of them quiet. It was nice walking straight on the rides and not waiting. Longest we waited was 15 mins
during the end of the 2 week it started getting a lot busier but manageable, aquatica was quite busy on one Saturday but thats the norm. But some rides was a max wait of 15mins
jamie_91 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Seaworld and Busch Gardens will be quiet then as well !
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List