Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 May 17, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Airport shuttle to Sheraton Park at disney

Hi there
So the planning commences. We've just booked a multi city holiday 3 adults for October. Starting off with 3 nights in San Fran, 3 nights at the Sheraton in Disney LA, then 5nights at the aria in Las Vegas.

We're planning on booking an internal flight from San Francisco to Disney. Which airport is best to go to and can anyone recommend the best way to get from the airport to the hotel?

Many thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Santa Ana John Wayne airport is the closest to Disney if you can get a cheap flight there.

If not it would be LAX international.

Getting from the airport could be a shuttle bus, private car, Uber or hire car. Think Super Shuttle is the one some have used.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

I'd would try and see what deals Southwest are doing to Santa Ana or Long Beach. If you can get Santa Ana then that is the closest. You can then use either the Disneyland Express bus or companies like super shuttle. From long beach airport the Yellow Cabs do a flat rate of $45 for the Disneyland Resort.

Last year we got Oakland to Long Beach for $42 pp with free checked baggage (Oakland is the same distance as SFO from the city).
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

Mobile

We've used supershuttle from Lax to Sheraton park Anaheim in 2013,paid $15pp booked in advance. Waited around for them quite a while and there was loads of other drop offs.
Therefore last year we got uber from Anaheim back to lax,paid just over $40. Was much quicker and private journey obviously. For that reason I'd say use uber,however we have had a few problems with airport pick-ups by uber before as some airports don't allow them past a certain point. Sheraton park is a lovely hotel,ask for a Disney view room if possible.
Las Vegas Oct 14/Jul 16/June 17/Sep 18/May 19
USA east-west June 16
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Hi everyone
Thank you so so much. That really helps.

I've heard a lot about uber but not sure how it works? I downloaded the app and it wanted me to state a payment preference. I was a bit hesitant so deleted it. If for example I've opted to pay through PayPal and I arrive At John Wayne airport and go on and book an über ride, will I have to pay through my PayPal account or can I pay cash to the driver on the day?

I'm scared I'll get hut with currency exchange fees!?

Also do you just go onto the app once your ready to be picked up?
I've heard some people get charged surcharges, would this show on the app if this was going to happen? Sorry loads of questions
Thanks so much.
Old 15 May 17, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Also great to hear the Sheraton is a nice hotel. 😊 So so excited.
Old 16 May 17, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

Mobile

Uber is a cashless system,so whatever payment you register to your uber account I where you'll b charged. You never hand cash to the driver,not even a tip,although some do have signs requesting one,don't feel obligated if you don't want to. You open the app when you ready for a taxi,you will need WiFi access to do this (in airport connect to free WiFi),it will find your location and you enter your destination. It will then give you an approximate price and you accept and pick-up time,then you accept and this messages the driver to pick you up. There's a little map on the app showing the drivers car making its way to you,it's very clever and easy to use.
I would recommend using it I UK for first time so you see what's what,before you use it abroad.
We done this and then felt confident using it. We saved a fortune on our trip last year with uber.
There's lots of threads on here so read up about it,its great.
Re surcharges,I have had the odd few $$ when a driver has cancelled then charged me,but a quick email to uber and it was refunded.
Las Vegas Oct 14/Jul 16/June 17/Sep 18/May 19
USA east-west June 16
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List