Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 May 17, 04:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Die_hard
Being a bit Goofy

Same here - staying off-site, go 25th May and just finshed doing FP's every day. Found pretty much same thing - went on dead on 12pm every day, 7DMT - think I saw it available a couple of times around 9pm, nothing else.
Got the Na'vi river for the afternoon which was all that was left - then a 1030AM slot appeared about 30 mins later. It's definitely worth keeping on checking different rides now and again (hours/days later) if you want to tweak things a bit to suit.

I found that a lot of things get booked up within 5/10 minutes, but then over the next 30 mins or so slots appear here and there for almost everything (incl Frozen/Avatar rides) as people chop & change their times about.

I would presume it must be soooo much easier to (stay on site and) be able to do it 60 days out (although I'd probably put aside at least 3 hours if doing that all in one go lol).

Edited at 04:20 AM. Reason: more info
Die_hard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
JulesAyr
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
I know I'm referring back to 2015 and some things have changed - but we were able to get additional fastpasses for SDMT and some other hard to get rides. Just kept playing with fastpasses on the app in the queues and they sometimes appeared. The app has changed since then so this may not be as easy but Id keep checking every day - you never know when others change their plans it may become free.

July 2004 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Dec 2007 - Christmas at Disney - Sheraton Studio City/Royal Plaza
June/July 2009 - Hilton Doubletree Guest Suites, LBV
July 2011 - Hard Rock Hotel, Marriott Clearwater, Buena Vista Palace
July 2012 - Buena Vista Palace / Royal Pacific Resort
July 2015 - Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific Resort
July 2017 - OKW / Royal Pacific Resort
2019 - Christmas and New Year trip
JulesAyr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
barnsleyfan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by daftkast View Post
We are currently within the 30 day window. as staying off site. Each day at 12:00 on the dot I have gone on to do my fastpasses. I have literally gone staight to Animal Kingdom first hoping for the Pandora rides. then failing that gone to Epcot to try and get Frozen, if thats also full I am then sticking to the busy day guides I have compiled and going to the most recommended parks.

As per a few others have said. I can get pretty much any ride apart from

Magic Kingdom
7DMT - times are coming up but for late at night around 9pm

Epcot
Frozen - havent been able to get any time yet. Still hopeful I will get one but proving impossible so far.
Soarin - This is readily available multiple times and has been every time I look
Test Track - as above eadily available for multiple times

Animal Kingdom - We go on 28th May and Pandora opens 27th May so not very surprising I am struggling with the Pandora rides.

Na'vi River - Pretty much sold out every day. however I was very lucky and did get a Fastpass yesterday, and even managed to amend the time multiple times to suit. So did seem available yesterday.
Aviatar Flight of Passage - Still yet to see an available slot.
All other rides and attractions are widely available

Hollywood Studios
All rides are widely available.

Hope it gives you a indication of the rides that are difficult to get 30days out.
I just managed to get Frozen. Wife says she isnt really interested in it, but is it worth using the top tier FP for Epcot?
barnsleyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

For Pandora, I would go with FoP if available. It's really low capacity and takes ages to get through the interactive queue and preshow. People from advance preview are estimating it could see 4+ hour waits as they've built in a massive standby queue.

Navi is a good second choice if you can't get it, but (trying to not use any spoilers) a lot of people have been disappointed in this so would consider it much lower priority. But queues on this have the potential to back up quickly depending on how they load the boats, as they have 8 people capacity but in 2 rows of 4 which isn't a great combination. With no single rider line to fill the gaps, I can see them sending off a lot of half full boats.

FoP does have single rider queue though, I'd be interested to see how much of preshow that cuts out. Again no spoilers, but I can only see this working if this comes out right at the point before they load the ride. So it might be surprisingly quick to begin with, as people will want to get the full experience.

I can't see either ride having a lull like MK can in the evenings, since Pandora has been built as a day/night attraction so will draw big crowds all day.

Originally Posted by barnsleyfan View Post
I just managed to get Frozen. Wife says she isnt really interested in it, but is it worth using the top tier FP for Epcot?
If you want to ride it, it's currently the best choice for FP1 at Epcot as the queues are insane. To do all three T1s, rope drop Soarin and do Test Track as single riders. If you're not that bothered, I'd still rope drop Soarin and FP Test Track instead - you miss the interactive queue in single rider.

Edited at 05:11 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List