Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 May 17, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Best way to do fantasmic

Hi guys bit confused about doing fantasmic. Most sites say its not worth the fast pass as you still need to turn up an hour before? But we are spending the afternoon there on the day we want to do fantasmic so any dining package would need to be after 5.30 and I can't see any that are? How have you all done the show?we intend to spend the full day there at a different time with ADR booked for 9am so don't like the chances of still being there at 9pm but it's the disney play n dine breakfast so Def won't want another adr that day as not on dining plan. Any advice or do we just fast pass it and queue for the hour?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Personally I would either go for a dinning package - we have managed a late lunch/early dinner at say 4.45 before, thinking this time of going for one about 2pm. Or I would just join the standby queue an hour before.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

I have to say we did the fast pass, half an hour before I think we were? Last October. Worked fine
Old 17 May 17, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Percairwen
Helping Minnie

Personally I think it depends what kind of people you have in your group.

I would never fast pass Fantasmic (or any other show for that matter). I always just wait and go in when they open up. I enjoy the atmosphere of waiting for the show to start and talking with all the people around me. I understand if you have small children asking them to wait for an hour probably isn't realistic though.

Fantasmic is my absolute favourite show and can't wait to see it again in September!
Percairwen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you. Its just me, DH and DD who is 6. We are having a pool morning then going over around 5 so its not an issue to use a fast pass for it as I won't be needing them for the day in the park. But if it doesn't guarantee to get me in then its not much point. I just can't get reservation for after 3pm anywhere so can't see how I can manage the dining reservation.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Im interested in this thread too, last time we booked a Fantasmic Dinner Package at H&V but we don't fancy any of the restaurants this time around.

I didn't really want to use a FP on a show but my 6 year old would be totally fed up with waiting an hour!
Old 17 May 17, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Fastpass will get you in, but it doesn't guarantee a good seat (You still have to show up early for that).
Only the dining package guarantees seats in the centre.
lovewdw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

We used a FP for it on our last visit and had to sit way over on the left hand side. More and more of the seating seems to be given over to the dining packages these days, so that's what we'll be doing next time.
If you visit on an evening with two shows, the second one will probably be less busy, so perhaps more chance of getting a reasonable standby seat.

Edited at 06:29 PM.
hornetgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Here's a link to an image I posted in another thread that shows the seating areas for each type, https://DIBB.in/12195866
lovewdw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List