Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 May 17, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Universal Night

Hi

Am unsure whether it's really worth booking the night hotel for the express passes. Need to justify the extra to the hubby! We go at the beginning of August so it's going to be busy! Is it do-able without the express passes? Also HRH or LRP?

Appreciate your feedback - I keep looking and just need to make a decision
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

I cant speak from experience, but from the many threads ive read on this subject, loads of people who can will be along with an answer soon.

We go 2nd aug to 17th this year, and we have booked 1 night at royal pacific - cheapest for our date, and looks very nice to me - for £235 for 2 adults 1 child with BA for 13th - sunday which sees the end of us school holidays so price dropped that day.

The way we saw it, we were guarantying 2 days of being able to go on what we want, so if we find it too busy in the days before our stay, at least we will have a good go at universal with fastpasses before we go home. My hubby took the view it would be money well spent, and I think its one of things im most looking forward too.

We have never popped out for a pool break on a day at the parks before because we have never stayed onsite, so really looking forward to the opportunity staying the night will give us.
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

We've done 1 night at RPR and 1 at HRH.
Both were great but we preferred RPR. I found it a calmer and friendlier hotel. It's normally a bit cheaper too so that's always a bonus!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
elle10
Excited about Disney

Hi, we stayed one night in the Royal Pacific literally last week. Lovely hotel and my boys loved the night movie around the pool.
It really wasn't that busy in the parks when we went. Wait times vary considerably though, 15 mins for Spider-Man up to 80 mins for King Kong.
Express pass brilliant! Even if rides are only 30 min wait, 7 rides, that's nearly half your day standing in a queue.
One night cost us £220.

Boys loved universal/IOA so much we went back on our last day without express pass. Not a particularly a busy day but first ride, minion mayhem 45 min wait! I brought the express passes £270 for 4 of us (and that was the once a ride only pass) crazy I know but it improves your day so much.

Would definitely book a night in hotel again. Probably 2 nights actually, 1 in the first week and 1 in the second.

Edited at 10:28 PM.
elle10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Danielle24
Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely recommend even in the quieter periods. I would just go with the cheapest hotel. Have stayed at RPR and HR and both are great.
Danielle24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post

Each to his and her own, but personally I'd rather pay the cash and get FOLP and a nice hotel to boot.

Others don't mind queuing for 30, 40 and more minutes to go on a ride... that's just not for me, I'm afraid. Neither is getting up early doors to get to the parks for 7 or 7.30 or whatever unearthly hour the parks open.

As I say, each to his own but I know what my choice is
Old 23 May 17, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thank you for your reply's. Think the other half is convinced so I've held a room at LRP
Old 23 May 17, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

It really is worth it.
1) You are close to the parks and for EMH you don't have far to go and can use the onsite travel.
2) The FOLP are worth there weight at busy times as you really get to power through the rides, and remember these are the ride as many times as you like passes.
3)They are lovely hotels.

We just found it made it much more manageable and relaxing.
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List