Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 May 17, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Well I have split stuff in the past but we didn't this year.

Yes cases might go missing but I'll risk it, this made life so much easier.

I landed in LA, drove straight to Vegas (which took nearly 7 hrs) and had to be up and out the next morning at 8am.. It was just so easy everyone knowing where everything was .

I will do the same in future trips.
How come it took nearly 7 hours?
Done this quite a few times in the past and it's been about 4 to 5 and a half hours max. Doing in again in November.
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by metalguru View Post
How come it took nearly 7 hours?
Done this quite a few times in the past and it's been about 4 to 5 and a half hours max. Doing in again in November.
Traffic .. I know you doubted me before but I can assure you it's true ..

I landed at LAX around 3 , left Avis car hire at just before 5pm .. I pulled into South point vegas so not even on the strip at 11.55pm.. we stopped for about 15 mins on the way for a In N out burger ..

We do the same journey every year and it's never taken 4 hours . Last year it took well over 5 hours too .. and I've done it at various times of day from mid morning to this year at night .

Traffic is always heavy until you get out of the San Bernardino valley .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
metalguru
Apprentice Imagineer

metalguru's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Must be the time I land then, land at 20 to 7 PM so the traffic must have died down or I speed
metalguru is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Nettings
Imagineer

Nettings's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Just back from a 17 night tour of Vietnam with 9 different hotels/cabins and used packing cubes and they were an absolute godsend. Would highly recommend.

Nettings is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella Girl
slightly serious Dibber

Bella Girl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Following the recommendations on this thread, I went to TKMaxx today looking for packing cubes. The ones they had looked very small - more like toiletry bags so I don't understand how this works.

Please can someone help me understand?
Bella Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bella Girl View Post
Following the recommendations on this thread, I went to TKMaxx today looking for packing cubes. The ones they had looked very small - more like toiletry bags so I don't understand how this works.

TK Maxx is very hit and miss though, the ones I got from there are a similar size to these, but I have also seen the smaller ones in there

amazon/AmazonBasic.../dp/B017XOA1EK

Size wise they are the same as the ones I got from ebay but much stronger.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Nettings
Imagineer

Nettings's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I bought mine off ebay - they are of differing sizes - a couple of bigger ones, then a couple of medium and then a small.

I rolled all my evening clothes into one of the bigger ones (that's got two compartments), rolled my shorts into the other larger one. T shirts into a medium, shoes into the other medium (size 6's just about fit and I only took 3 other pairs all sandals) and then the smaller one was undies etc. I bought four sets in total and used a couple of others for toiletries whilst my DH and DS used a set each.

Basically the answer is rolling - and getting the different sized bags. Amazon do them too and there are differing qualities in the bags. My friends were better quality but more expensive, mine were cheap - one's broken already and the zip pulleys are forever falling off a couple of the others. But they'll do for at least another trip and I will definitely be using them x

Nettings is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

I didn't have any luck last year in our TKMaxx either. I have these ones:

amazon/eBags-Mediu...acking+c ubes

I can fit around 8 t-shirts and a couple of pairs of shorts in each. I tend to roll the t-shirts and then sit the shorts flat on top. As my sons stuff is smaller I get get around 6 shorts/t-shirt outfits in one. I do have I of the larger size too but sometimes that can work a little to big. Handy more if you have jeans and hoodies to fit in.
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

We got ours from Amazon and found them a great help. We also split our clothes just in case the baggage goes astray as we lost a case on the way to Vegas once and hubby is now paranoid as he had no clothes. Whatever works for you.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
I bought mine off ebay - they are of differing sizes - a couple of bigger ones, then a couple of medium and then a small.

I rolled all my evening clothes into one of the bigger ones (that's got two compartments), rolled my shorts into the other larger one. T shirts into a medium, shoes into the other medium (size 6's just about fit and I only took 3 other pairs all sandals) and then the smaller one was undies etc. I bought four sets in total and used a couple of others for toiletries whilst my DH and DS used a set each.

Basically the answer is rolling - and getting the different sized bags. Amazon do them too and there are differing qualities in the bags. My friends were better quality but more expensive, mine were cheap - one's broken already and the zip pulleys are forever falling off a couple of the others. But they'll do for at least another trip and I will definitely be using them x
My cheaper ebay ones were a bit rubbish tbh, the quality isn't great but for £5 I'll just replace as and when. The zips have broke on a couple already after just one trip.

Ours are all different sizes too