Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 May 17, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The villa we stayed in last year had lots of items left by the owner even including a bottle of wine, basic foods and a little Christmas decoration gift. This year the owner offers a welcome pack for $30 for a few basics. I haven't decided yet if I will bother. I had thought I would take some snacks in my case and call in a garage on the way to pick up drinks/milk then get to do food shopping first thing in the morning.
It's worth asking the owner if they can organise a welcome pack I don't think I would rely on their being anything left
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I've never been to a villa where any food has been left,to be honest I don't think I would want to use anything that had been open/used by someone else. You could take essentials like coffee,tea bags,snacks with you maybe just stop and by milk somewhere quick.
We also go straight to villa then hubby goes out to shop to get some bits when I sort out kids for bed if it's late.
I think Garden grocer does deliveries to villas also.
Old 24 May 17, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinkletoes47
VIP Dibber

Hi

We have used a company called Garden Grocer when at Disney, may be worth checking if they can deliver to villas too

Last time we stayed in a villa there was nothing in the cupboards, but I had taken basics (tea, coffee, cereal variety pack) so we just stopped at a garage for milk when one of us popped out for a take-out the first night

A welcome pack sounds like a good plan though

DRP 7 times to date!
Anaheim 1984, 1995, 2005
Miami and Kissimmee 1992, Highland Reserve 2011
Universal Cabana Bay, Disney Caribbean Beach, Miami, Key West 2015
New York New York Las Vegas 2016
NYC and Los Angeles 2017
Chicago to Vegas Route 66 Road Trip 2019
Twinkletoes47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
SunbreezeFL
Imagineer

Never be embarassed abot asking a villa owner any questions you have (we get asked all sorts and if it helps you plan then its not a silly question anyway). Just to put your mind at and to avoid paying over the odds for a welcome pack or garden grocer delivery there will be a CVS or walgreens pharmacy nearby where you can pick up the basics they have a grocery range.
SunbreezeFL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
reemur
Apprentice Imagineer

Our MC do a welcome pack for anyone that wants it
I think they charge US$35 Everything you need for the next day until you can go & shop
Carol
reemur is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are due to land around 6pm. We clear here so just grab cases and out to garage. I would estimate latest we will arrive at villa will be 8pm. We normally drop bags and head out to nearest shop. This yr as we are returning to Champions Gate area we will stop in the Publix on the way to the villa as we know our way! This will be our 5th villa stay and we have never arrived to any food in the cupboards!

Hope you have a great holiday!
Old 24 May 17, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gems09
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks guys i forgot that walgreens are a bit like spar. That would be ok just didn't fancy dragging kids around publix at stupid o clock. I'm going email villa owner now let u know how i get on xx
Gems09 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List