Old 12 May 17, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Mobile

Originally Posted by Fiona35 View Post
People are entitled to their own opinions, but its my first ever Disney World Holiday and I didn't want anything to spoil it, and likewise I didn't want my first memories of my Disney Resort to be construction fences on arrival.

I am happy that I have moved, and if I decide to return in the future, I may return to stay at CSR once the construction has been finished as we did originally pick it for looking like a lovely resort.
Of course they are. Which is why, I'm sure you'll respect my opinion that I don't see how it could spoil anyone's holiday.

Peace out.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Of course they are. Which is why, I'm sure you'll respect my opinion that I don't see how it could spoil anyone's holiday.

Peace out.
It may be different in 4-6 months time Why would Disney move us to a more expensive resort free of charge otherwise?
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleReidy
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Girlsontour View Post
Having been to CSR 8 times over the past 10 years, we are aware that it is a beautiful resort however by October the construction may or may not be more intrusive. As I have stated before it was a difficult decision to move. All my family are very much creatures of habit, so much so, that we haven't told 2 of them that we have moved
We decided that the holiday had cost too much money to be annoyed in an afternoon by building noises.
Littlereidy ..keep us informed x

I agree with you, we are hoping to spend time round the pool and hopefully won't have to hear building noise Haha. Didn't receive a call back so I contacted the store again who have advised they will escalate our complaint. I'm complaining more about the fact that Thomson didn't tell us about the construction even though I called them multiple times throughout March/April to tell them and the service we have received from Thomson. I'll keep you all updated

Edited at 04:58 PM.
LittleReidy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi all, I've been away for awhile. What have I missed? Any more progress?
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Rossmasa
VIP Dibber

Yes anyone still not sorted with a move or anything ?

Also worth checking out "Coronado Springs Buzz" facebook page some nice pics of the new rooms in Rancho's 7A .

I also posted a comment in Hindsight is a good one why didn't Disney refurb all the other rooms at the resort first before starting the 15 story tower block and at least that would soften the blow for those that are staying put at the resort , now its going to be a Mad scramble for room requests for rancho's 7A as this is the only block they've completed .
Caribbean Beach Resort August 2016
Coronado Springs Resort August 2014, 2015, 2017 2018, 2019 (Gran Destino)
Art Of Animation December 2021 2022
Pop Century May 2023 & Christmas New Year 2023/2024
Rossmasa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Funnily enough I am hoping we don't have a refurbed room! I've always loved the turquoise colour scheme and the new rooms don't have a carpet.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
ciaowood
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Hi, we have resigned ourselves to staying at CSR since we can't be moved. However, the new rooms look fab and I'll request a room there (via Touring Plans) but otherwise am being very positive and will have a fab time anyway. If the construction has really kicked off by then and it's bothering us we will speak directly to the front desk. My ABTA complaint is still open so if it is bad we'll do the necessaries and go via them when we get back.
ciaowood is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I remember on our first holiday at WDW, we stayed at POR and they were refurbing rooms/buildings. We had requested an already refurbed room (which we got), we were about 3 buildings up from a building that was being refurbed. In our room you couldnt hear anything, they tarped of the building that they were doing so you couldnt see it. The only time you knew there was construction was when you walked pass the building and you could hear saws and drills. Other than that we had a fantastic time and POR was amazingly beautiful. I can understand CSR construction is more than a refurb, but for the ammount of time you'll be in your rooms, I dont think it will make a difference to your stay and youll have just a much as a good time than you would anywhere else. I suppose its a matter of opinion and if you'll let this get to you.
Old 23 May 17, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleReidy
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Haven't been able to get online for the past few days but also still no word back from Thomson 😔
LittleReidy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LittleReidy View Post
Haven't been able to get online for the past few days but also still no word back from Thomson 😔
Any news yet?
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List