Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 May 17, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Wandmaker
Trying for More Ears

POR Preferred Rooms

We have booked a preferred room at POR and am thinking of requesting a specific room through Touring Plans but they have several options to choose from - preferred, preferred garden, preferred pool and preferred river.

Are the rooms in the preferred blocks purely for those that have booked preferred rooms? So could i request a preferred river room? Or are these reserved for those that have booked a river view room?
Wandmaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I dont know about preferred but we found all por lovely we were out in aligator bayou which had an extra bed but we loved the short walk to the food court etc past the turtle pond ! but I would imagine just ask for a river view and a top floor corner if you dont need ground floor as a few bugs about next to river! I wish I was going back to por but budget wouldn't stretch to it this year!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 17, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Been reading up on this recently as we are also in a preferred room at Por this year. Apparently preferred will get you a normal view or garden view room in one of the preferred buildings, not a river or pool view as these are separate bookable categories. So if you booked a river view you could be allocated a river view room in a preferred block. You may get lucky and be allocated a river or pool view (and you could fax the resort and ask them) but it's not guaranteed.

I'm going to do the touring plan rooms request for a standard or garden view room as I'd rather be in the block I want than risk not getting my request by choosing a pool/river view room.

Eta I see we're there at the same time 😊 .

Edited at 12:04 AM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 17, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Wandmaker
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Thanks for the replies. Most helpful. macadoo - i can't wait!
Wandmaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
HolidayDreams
Excited about Disney

Mobile

If you look on Portorleans.org there is lots of info, including a map of where the preferred rooms are.
I hope this link works:
portorleans/riverside-info.php
In case you did not know these are in the Alligator Bayou area that has different theming, they also have Murphy beds). They are in blue on the map, on the left side near the shop etc.
We went for the mansion area as we like the theming more.
HolidayDreams is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

At POR preferred definitely refers to location and not view. It equals proximity to the reception and will be in the Alligator Bayou section. Best preferred room I had there faced the food court and was a 40 second walk to the food court. Marvellous 🙂