Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 May 17, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fiona35 View Post
Sounds like you are having an amazing time Enjoy your day at Animal Kingdom, oh and the shopping too and enjoy the rest of your holiday too, I bet you are planning your next visit!

Thank you for the tips. Out of interest, is it taking very long to get to the parks from POFQ?
Just wondered about dining reservations elsewhere and how long to allow to get elsewhere, I was thinking about an hour but do you think it needs to be longer?
Also does the food court get really busy at certain times, or cos its a smaller resort its not too bad?

Thanks for any help you can give BestBubba
Hi Fiona, we've had an amazing day. Pandora the new Avatar land at Animal Kingdom opens tomorrow. When we arrived there today it was having a "soft opening", unannounced. So no mad crowds, we got to go on the two new rides, and see it all... It's totally amazing, fantastic, ran out of adjectives after 5 minutes!
Anyway, your question. We have a reservation at O'Hana tonight, Polynesian Resort. 6pm. We're going to leave at at 4.45,no later. So we'll get the bus to Magic Kingdom then the resort monorail to the Polynesian (or the resort launch) This was our timing last night with a reservation at Grand Floridian. If we're just going to one if the parks for a dining reservation, Be our Guest breakfast etc, we give an hour, sometimes bit more but only because we prefer to be early than worried. Talking of BOG breakfast, we have managed to get 2 pre park opening reservations just by checking MDE. It's lovely going to the MK before it opens to everyone.
Food court never seems mad busy, we like to sit outside, if there's no tables, we take our breakfast to the pool bar area. I've got to run, O'hana here we come! Xx
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lloydstenton
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Hey Bubba !

We're in building 1, only takes a few minutes to walk to reception/food court. As Bubba says, it never gets that busy

We're in a corner room (1st floor) with 2 queens overlooking the car park which we were a bit concerned over. However, having been there a week now we really had nothing to worry about as it's really quiet and the only traffic we can hear is little kids going for breakfast in a morning ...

Buses to the parks depends on where you are going - Epcot is only over the road really, so that's the shortest trip. It's just taken about 15 mins to get back from Hollywood Studios

We've also been using Uber to get around outside Disney and the most we've paid so far for a single trip has been just shy of $15 (that's for an Uber XL as there's only 3 of us) to Universal. Can't fault Uber at all
Old 27 May 17, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lloydstenton View Post
Hey Bubba !

We're in building 1, only takes a few minutes to walk to reception/food court. As Bubba says, it never gets that busy

We're in a corner room (1st floor) with 2 queens overlooking the car park which we were a bit concerned over. However, having been there a week now we really had nothing to worry about as it's really quiet and the only traffic we can hear is little kids going for breakfast in a morning ...

Buses to the parks depends on where you are going - Epcot is only over the road really, so that's the shortest trip. It's just taken about 15 mins to get back from Hollywood Studios

We've also been using Uber to get around outside Disney and the most we've paid so far for a single trip has been just shy of $15 (that's for an Uber XL as there's only 3 of us) to Universal. Can't fault Uber at all
Fiona, Lloydstenton is quite right (Hi Lloyd, sounds like you're also having a great time here ) about the parks only being a short ride away. I don't want to confuse you. It's only when we have a dining reservation we allocate an hour+ to get there
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

Does anyone know if the coke freestyle machines at POFQ carry the full range of drinks. Looking for the Glaceau fruit waters in particular?

Thanka
Robsie71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Robsie71 View Post
Does anyone know if the coke freestyle machines at POFQ carry the full range of drinks. Looking for the Glaceau fruit waters in particular?

Thanka
Yes, they have a massive variety of drinks.
They do about 10 or so different fruit water flavours, I can't remember the brand though.

Edited at 09:58 AM.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Yes, they have a massive variety of drinks.
They do about 10 or so different fruit water flavours, I can't remember the brand though.
Thanks...I think they have Disani and Glaceau. Hoping for Glaceau as it uses sucrolose as opposed to aspartimine
Robsie71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

I presume when you do online check in from the UK, you still have to go to the reception desk to pick up your magic bands and set any pin numbers?

Thanks
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Robsie71 View Post
Thanks...I think they have Disani and Glaceau. Hoping for Glaceau as it uses sucrolose as opposed to aspartimine
Oooh didn't know they did diet drinks other than diet coke!

This is exciting!

Any ideas what time the drink machine is available as I'm presuming if you come back from a park around midnight, it won't be open!
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

If anyone is going to the shop at POFQ, would they be able to find out the aporx cost of the following items please? Just weighing up whether to do an online grocery shop!

Bottle of water, or do they sell cases of water?
Milk
Bottle of fizzy Pop
Bag of Cheetos
Bag of M&M's

Thanks
Old 28 May 17, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

I presume when you do online check in from the UK, you still have to go to the reception desk to pick up your magic bands and set any pin numbers?

Thanks
Yes you go to the check in desk to get your bands. You can set the pin on MDE at any time.

Oooh didn't know they did diet drinks other than diet coke!

This is exciting!

Any ideas what time the drink machine is available as I'm presuming if you come back from a park around midnight, it won't be open!
There's a lot of options! It was handy to try different ones without wasting money

They're available when the food courts open 6am-12pm.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List