Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 May 17, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Congratulations Emily, your ring is just beautiful. Have fun planning your wedding. Our DD was married at disneys, wedding chapel then the Floridian, and we had minnie and mickey as guests. It was amazing and one of the best days of our lives.

Hope you make the right decision with the Vegas hotel. Any of the ones mentioned are good, but my fave is still the Venetian
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 17, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Emily90
Excited about Disney

Aw thank you, thats really sweet

How lovely to hear what a great day your daughters wedding was too
Emily90 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
unidentified
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Emily90 View Post
I ask because my boyfriend and I are planning to go to Vegas in August, and due to some fairly good fortune financially, we are relatively open to any hotel (though not crazy suites or anything like that!)

We went to the Mirage last year and I can't believe we'll enjoy any hotel more than we did that one. I loved the lush tropical decor, the large attractive pool, the restaurants (California Pizza, The Pantry) and Rhumbar, the bar on the terrace. I also loved the location, being close to quick service places like Panda Express, Cinnabon, and to Caesar's Palace, Bellagio and Paris, all hotels that we enjoy visiting. I prefer the North end of the strip, though to be fair, we didn't spend more than one day around the South side, so that may just be a preference for familiarity.

So of course we wanted to stay there again, but I also feel that there are so many amazing hotels in Vegas it seems a shame to go back to the same place?

I am looking for a better room with a big bath - so thought of the Venetian, where the rooms are gorgeous, but it felt a little too upscale for us when we visited. We also spend a lot of time in the pool going in the summer, so then I considered MGM Grand where the pool looks incredible, but I am a little concerned about the size - we never got chance to take a look around the MGM last year. DBF is also concerned it may attract a rowdier crowd than the Mirage - we love a few cocktails and an atmospheric bar but we're more interested in attractions and gambling than we are partying hard.

Basically all the hotels in Vegas look incredible for different reasons, it's just so hard to make a decision!

So just wondering, if you could choose any hotel without money being a factor, where would you stay and why?
Personally noticed different crowds during the week than those at the weekend!

(Obviously a lot quieter earlier in the week - also in August)

Edited at 09:58 AM.
unidentified is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Emily90
Excited about Disney

Well we found a fab deal and booked up!

August 6 nights
Cosmopolitan Hotel - upgraded Terrace Studio with Fountain View
Direct Thomas Cook flights
£990 each, booked with Travelbag

SO excited! Can get properly planning!

I already know Mon Ami Gabi will feature after both a fab breakfast and dinner there last year.

I think we'll probably try Wicked Spoon too, despite not enjoying Caesar's Palace buffet. It's in our hotel, and is a brunch open til 3, and appears to look slightly nicer than Caesar's buffet!

Will have to have a think of others we can visit / things to do!

Emily90 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Yeh great. Lovely hotel. Hope you have an amazing time
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 17, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Emily90 View Post
Well we found a fab deal and booked up!

August 6 nights
Cosmopolitan Hotel - upgraded Terrace Studio with Fountain View
Direct Thomas Cook flights
£990 each, booked with Travelbag

SO excited! Can get properly planning!

I already know Mon Ami Gabi will feature after both a fab breakfast and dinner there last year.

I think we'll probably try Wicked Spoon too, despite not enjoying Caesar's Palace buffet. It's in our hotel, and is a brunch open til 3, and appears to look slightly nicer than Caesar's buffet!

Will have to have a think of others we can visit / things to do!

Excellent

No having a quickie wedding whilst your there ;-)
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi Emily, a bit late to the party but congratulations on your engagement, gorgeous ring! You've made a great hotel choice, I have stayed at the Cosmo, albeit a couple of years ago now, and it was fab. We also ate at the Wicked Spoon every day and that was super too. I did do a trip report, I'm on my phone so can't link, but it was called Celebrations, Cocktails and the Cosmopolitan if you want to search. Happy planning! 😊
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Here is the link to the Index

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...t=cosmopolitan

Wicked Spoon food pics on page 6 of this thread

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...spoon&pag e=6
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 05:12 AM  
Link to this Post
unidentified
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
No having a quickie wedding whilst your there ;-)
Could get married by Elvis...

I believe he sells 30 minute slots, so not too quick
unidentified is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 05:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Emily90
Excited about Disney

Ah brilliant I love a trip report! I'll have a read

Haha id probably be up for a Vegas wedding but I want a white dress so that won't happen! Hopefully!