Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Apr 17, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Have a great time !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Think you have made the right choice. I like the Linq promenade and you can get Gordon Ramsay fish n chips! In and Out burger is there as well. Hope you have a great time. We will be there and back by then
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
david25113051
Excited about Disney

david25113051's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
luxor is ace we love it in there and we booked to go back for our adult only yearly vegas trip they just started remodelling the hotel so when u check in ask for a cleo room
09-18 all over Europe
march 14-15-16-18- vegas
david25113051 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by david25113051 View Post
luxor is ace we love it in there and we booked to go back for our adult only yearly vegas trip they just started remodelling the hotel so when u check in ask for a cleo room
Thank you for the reassurance., much appreciated.
We booked a king tower room (which was an upgrade from pyramid) as we knew on booking (last June) that the pyramid rooms were needing upgraded. The new Cleo rooms are the ones which have had the upgrade and I'm sure they will be lovely.
Hope you have a great time when you go.

Edited at 09:18 AM.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
david25113051
Excited about Disney

david25113051's Reviews
Originally Posted by bonnies mum View Post
Thank you for the reassurance., much appreciated.
We booked a king tower room (which was an upgrade from pyramid) as we knew on booking (last June) that the pyramid rooms were needing upgraded. The new Cleo rooms are the ones which have had the upgrade and I'm sure they will be lovely.
Hope you have a great time when you go.
the pool is amazing as well me and wife love it the steak house in there is good for a meal out
09-18 all over Europe
march 14-15-16-18- vegas
david25113051 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
It's relative though isn't it , my friend posted a pic of the Luxor pool this week and I thought it was drab .

Amazing pools to me are the Mandalay bay , MGM , Venetian etc

I've stopped in a lot of Vegas hotels and i wouldn't say any of them have had amazing pools like the ones above .

If you've never stayed anywhere but the Luxor you have nothing to compare .

I stayed in the Excalibur and flamingo years ago and thought both were fine I've now stayed in much nicer and can see how bad they both are .

At the end of the day with every hotel some will love it some won't .

But the proper refurb of the Luxor won't be started till after the Excalibur so at least 3-4 years time .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Re the above post.
It was nice for someone to post a supportive comment as I have said we cannot cancel. I think your comment was unnecessary and doesn't help.

Edited at 01:54 PM. Reason: To clarify
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bonnies mum View Post
Re the above post.
It was nice for someone to post a supportive comment as I have said we cannot cancel. I think your comment was unnecessary and doesn't help.
As I said in the other post my problem with Luxor for me personally is location as its too far south on the strip for me. Went in this year and viewed a room and it looked fine, but for location alone I would discount it as I have mobility issues. Pool looked lovely and I took some pics for another dibber. My SIL loved it. SoI was answering that post as to which one to choose between NYNY and Linq so not really being negative
I think you will find the Luxor is fine as long as you know you will have a little walk to get further up the strip.
I think I am going to stay at Monte Carlo which by comparison is probably not as nice as Luxor. I am good with that. The location suits me better though. I am sure you will enjoy it, honestly.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
As I said in the other post my problem with Luxor for me personally is location as its too far south on the strip for me. Went in this year and viewed a room and it looked fine, but for location alone I would discount it as I have mobility issues. Pool looked lovely and I took some pics for another dibber. My SIL loved it. SoI was answering that post as to which one to choose between NYNY and Linq so not really being negative
I think you will find the Luxor is fine as long as you know you will have a little walk to get further up the strip.
I think I am going to stay at Monte Carlo which by comparison is probably not as nice as Luxor. I am good with that. The location suits me better though. I am sure you will enjoy it, honestly.
Sorry, it was not your comment I was referring to - my fault for not making that clear.
My point was that when a positive comment was made re the pool, Daytonnababe immediately said she thought it looked drab etc.
I know the original thread was asking for comments on moving to a different hotel and tbh I would move ifI could. I also understand that dibbers like to be helpful to enquiries, which is what you were.
My comments related solely to the way in which a positive review posted to assure me, when I was clearly worried, was immediately rubbished based on someone else's photos.

Edited at 03:15 PM.
Old 15 Apr 17, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
david25113051
Excited about Disney

david25113051's Reviews
we have stayed at luxor - nyny- paris - and we booked luxor again purely for the pool
its a amazing pool as as i said my reason is it a sun trap you due to shape luxor and how sun bounces off surrounding hotels the upgrading the rooms in pyramid our being done now 2 floors at a time
so Bonnies mum luxor is fine good location great pool and got think only a place you will sleep rest time you be out and about ect
09-18 all over Europe
march 14-15-16-18- vegas