Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 May 17, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Disneyland Hotel - who to book with and when?

We have a Good Neighbour hotel booked for our stay at Anaheim during our West Coast trip. It looks lovely, breakfast included and very cheap. However, I am so wanting to stay in the Disneyland hotel, it is really pulling at my heart strings! For four nights I know it won't come cheap but being such Disney fans and so interested in the history of the Park etc I am thinking that I will regret it if I don't. We have only ever stayed onsite in Florida and being in the Disney bubble for us is one of the best things about our holidays. We intend on having almost four full days at the parks and my eldest daughter and I are doing a Walk in Walts footsteps tour too. So, if we can afford it when our dates come up, is it better to book with Disney itself as a room only or as a package with tickets? Is it better to book through Expedia in case the price ever drops? I'm struggling to find out any info about it at the moment. Does the price ever drop? I have e mailed Disney to ask about payment as I'm not sure if you have to pay upfront or just a deposit at the time of booking etc but I haven't had a reply. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 17, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Book here:

disneyland.disney.go/

Whilst I respect your choice I find the Disneyland hotel a bit "blocky" like high rise apartments. Take a look at the Grand Californian.

Edited at 12:11 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 17, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Thankyou, unfortunately our dates are not out yet, As I said above I'm unsure of the best way to book and whether to go for room only or a package etc. It would help financially if it could be paid later rather than sooner as we are a family of five and accommodation and 4 day tickets will be pricey no doubt.

Edited at 01:00 PM.
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 17, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I haven't seen the price drop .

We looked the last 3 years and the cheapest one Paradise Pier has never dropped in price . It's too much for me something , something like $300 per night midweek in march , never looked st the price of the other 2 hotels though .

Tickets for next March won't be on sale till about November well that's what we've found the last 2 years , seem to go on sale much later than WDW tickets .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 17, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

We booked last year through Orbitz. We booked in March to travel in August with 15% off. Disneyland direct did later run a summer promotion of 20% off but we would have had to wait to book until the June.Any promotion Disneyland are offering are list on the website geoffa has already mentioned. It is expensive but we loved it, especially all the theming to Walt and the history of Disneyland. It was a special trip for my 40th. This year we have booked the Hyatt House but are keeping an eye out in case they release any special promotions again nearer the time.
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 17, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I've never done it myself but I did make some enquiries about paying for a stay using DVC points. It would have worked out cheaper but unfortunately by the time I'd thought about it there was no availability - I think you have to book really early.

I don't think I'd pay extra to stay in a Disneyland hotel unless I got a fantastic deal. There are loads of Good Neighbour hotels within walking distance of the park for a fraction of the price - I'd save the difference towards the next trip!
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 17, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks everyone, does anyone know how to find out if your travel dates are in peak season etc or what price category's there are?
Old 8 May 17, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Loved Disneyland hotel... we booked through the Disney California website.

Used Halifax clarity card as to not get charged any transaction fees
Old 8 May 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by nickyjw View Post
Thanks everyone, does anyone know how to find out if your travel dates are in peak season etc or what price category's there are?
When are you in Disney ?is it easter
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 17, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
When are you in Disney ?is it easter
Our dates for the Anaheim part of the stay are Monday 9th April to Friday 13th. Easter Sunday is 1st April I think? I was reading on some site the other day like mouse savers or something that 'Spring break' peak finished the 6th April but don't know how accurate that is. Can't find any info on when you have to pay at all with Disney, rather hoping it would be a month before or something.