Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 May 17, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you all- not feeling well today so hope this cheers me up
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
cintabelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Omg, I was fine until I got to tinker bell , that was it is was gone lol. So I'm not a dessert party fan but I'm thinking dessert party at mk now rather than a mvmcp cruise ( be interesting to see if the mnsshp and mvmcp fireworks change a little now as well ) .
Off to move my days around again lol.
Ha ha ... I was also thinking dessert party after seeing this but I really fancy the starwars dessert & cocktail party! 🙈
2014 - Beauty & the Beast take the Chips & Co on a Mickey Adventure
2015 - Beauty & The Beasts Fairy Tale Farewell
2017 - Coming Soon

cintabelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by cintabelle View Post
Ha ha ... I was also thinking dessert party after seeing this but I really fancy the starwars dessert & cocktail party! 🙈
So do I , it's only money I honestly will have spent about $2000 on parties and extras
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

I'm probably in a minority here, but...

I just watched the new show as I'd seen mixed reviews. In my opinion it's not as good. The projection onto the castle is very good and the fireworks are amazing BUT I found myself missing one to watch the other. Sadly for me, the music ruined it. It just seemed like a random mix-up of the newer Disney film tunes with no story. Maybe it will be better when we are there in person. We can only hope. I had to smile as the biggest cheer came when the only part of Wishes (Tinkerbell) came on.

The show reminded me of the London New Year fireworks (past and present). Again - my opinion - that is is now spoiled by a random mix of music.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Think it is simply incredible

Wishes will always hold a special place in my heart but I am sure there is room for two special places.

My slight worry before I saw HEA was that it was going to be more of a projection show like Dreams in DLP

Don't get me wrong I loved Dreams.

Happily the amount of fireworks was outstanding.

Watched it once, will show it too DH later then I'm going to avoid watching it again until we go in November

Well done Disney, you really have excelled yourself
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gezzs View Post
I'm probably in a minority here, but...

I just watched the new show as I'd seen mixed reviews. In my opinion it's not as good. The projection onto the castle is very good and the fireworks are amazing BUT I found myself missing one to watch the other. Sadly for me, the music ruined it. It just seemed like a random mix-up of the newer Disney film tunes with no story. Maybe it will be better when we are there in person. We can only hope. I had to smile as the biggest cheer came when the only part of Wishes (Tinkerbell) came on.

The show reminded me of the London New Year fireworks (past and present). Again - my opinion - that is is now spoiled by a random mix of music.
I'm out to lunch still but tinker bell did get me if I'm honest . I don't think it can be viewed from afar as it would be lost , as you say it is a bit like London , hence me rethinking my plans now . I think it's quiet a similar format to hallowishes and holiday wishes but not as many fireworks but I think that was the idea to cut the cost of the shows down . I'm sure it will be different stood there and I get away from comparing it to wishes as it is a different show all together.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Thumbs up

On shift in work & sneakily watched it on my phone with my headphones, it looks amazing! I only saw Wishes once when we went in 2013 & it had me in tears & now super excited for when we go back next year!
April '18 - WDW - POFQ & Emerald Island Villa

MAY '20 - WDW - POFQ & AMI CANCELLED BY COVID
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Really tempted to watch but don't think I want to spoil it.
Old 13 May 17, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I'm out to lunch still but tinker bell did get me if I'm honest . I don't think it can be viewed from afar as it would be lost , as you say it is a bit like London , hence me rethinking my plans now . I think it's quiet a similar format to hallowishes and holiday wishes but not as many fireworks but I think that was the idea to cut the cost of the shows down . I'm sure it will be different stood there and I get away from comparing it to wishes as it is a different show all together.
Interesting comment on cutting down on Fireworks. I've not seen Hallowishes or Holiday Wishes, but compared to Wishes, this new show seemed to have more fireworks. It was missing the timing element though. I really like fireworks going off in time with the music and not dozens going off at once, filling the sky with smoke.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
Really tempted to watch but don't think I want to spoil it.
Same here.. I still haven't watched any videos of the new soarin' or Pandora.