Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 May 17, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post

San Fran airport to Union Square area? Best way

Hi there
Can anyone recommend the most convenient way to get from San Fran international airport to the union square area? We're staying at the handlery. Many thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Cheapest way is the Bart train but easiest (most expensive) would be Taxi. Could also use Uber, Lyft or Wingz as well.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
we got an uber , super easy using airports Wi-Fi , arrived within minutes cost $29

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mouli1 View Post
we got an uber , super easy using airports Wi-Fi , arrived within minutes cost $29
We did the same, so easy and only cost us $12 as we used a discount code
Cinderellas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Metro takes you to Embarcadero area then you get a taxi. So easier to get taxi from airport - about $45 plus tip.

If you search on Google there are loads of companies you can pre book with.

Edited at 08:05 PM.
Old 15 May 17, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Hi everyone
Thank you so so much. That really helps.

I've heard a lot about uber but not sure how it works? I downloaded the app and it wanted me to state a payment preference. I was a bit hesitant so deleted it. If for example I've opted to pay through PayPal and I arrive in San Fran and book an über ride, will I have to pay through my PayPal account or can I pay cash to the driver on the day?

I'm scared I'll get hut with currency exchange fees!?

Also do you just go onto the app once your ready to be picked up?
I've heard some people get charged surcharges, would this show on the app if this was going to happen? Sorry loads of questions
Thanks so much.
Old 16 May 17, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed at the handlery in 2013 (seems we have similar hotel tastes haha &#128527 and used the Bart train. If going now though I'd use uber as said in my reply to your other post re Anaheim. Handlery is also a great hotel,fab location.
Las Vegas Oct 14/Jul 16/June 17/Sep 18/May 19
USA east-west June 16
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claireandhollie View Post
Hi everyone
Thank you so so much. That really helps.

I've heard a lot about uber but not sure how it works? I downloaded the app and it wanted me to state a payment preference. I was a bit hesitant so deleted it. If for example I've opted to pay through PayPal and I arrive in San Fran and book an über ride, will I have to pay through my PayPal account or can I pay cash to the driver on the day?

I'm scared I'll get hut with currency exchange fees!?

Also do you just go onto the app once your ready to be picked up?
I've heard some people get charged surcharges, would this show on the app if this was going to happen? Sorry loads of questions
Thanks so much.
Uber is a cashless service (other than if you wish to tip the driver, so you can't pay in cash. You would need a taxi for that. So any currency exchange which applies to the card attached to the paypal account will apply to this transaction as they will charge in local currency.

Uber can't be pre-booked, so you hail one in the app when you are through immigration with your bags. You will need to think about what size car you need depending on the number of people and amount of luggage. This is selected within the app at the time of booking.

Uber has what it calls surge charges, which are multipliers to the basic cost in busy periods. They are clearly visible in the app if they are going to apply and you can decide whether you want to pay that amount, or just get a taxi instead.

Pretty straight forward once you have used it.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List