Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 15 May 17, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Mezza1991
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by sdrfish View Post
if you have booked 8 nights or more Rosen pointe give you free breakfast as part of staying there. When we booked with virgin for our 2 week stay in December we got free breakfast. We have also booked with virgin for this October for 2 weeks again and are getting free breakfast and dinner at Rosen pointe.

Whoever your booked with it might be worth giving them a ring and and saying you were meant to have free breakfast but it's not on your docs you have nothing to lose by trying.

Either that or breakfast I think is 9 dollars per person to eat there. It's not greatest but there are mickey waffles, cooked stuff like bacon,lots of fresh fruit and plenty of cereals.
Very interesting to know indeed! - When we stayed here 5 years ago we didn't get told anything about free Breakfasts, anywhere!
Mezza1991 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Agree friendlys will be nearest. Sign up to their email club for 25% off. Also like ihop Denny's Perkins and village inn.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sdrfish
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by wwekev View Post
Ooh that's interesting, we have booked with Thomson's.
Originally Posted by Mezza1991 View Post
Very interesting to know indeed! - When we stayed here 5 years ago we didn't get told anything about free Breakfasts, anywhere!
This may be just something that you get through virgin for booking over 8 nights but if your going even 2 people thats still good saving. The free breakfast was part of the reason we are booked back to stay in october.

Both of you have nothing to lose other than a 5 minute phonecall. All you have to say to who ever you booked is you were told you would receive free breakfast as you booked a room for over 8 days straight but this has not been put on your docs. If you get nothing so be it in which case perkins gets my vote for the omelettes.
sdrfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
familyofthree
Apprentice Imagineer

familyofthree's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by wwekev View Post
Ooh that's interesting, we have booked with Thomson's.
We have stayed at Rosen and Clarion through Thomson packages and never got a free HOT buffet breakfast.
Pretty sure that free hot buffet is only a perk with Virgin holidays. We landed this morning home from a travel city direct trip at clarion and got free hot buffet for 2 mornings only and 1 nights dinner buffet.

FYI everyone who stays at Rosen or Clarion get free 'continental' breakfast, very loose use of the term as all you get in cereal, juice, tea/coffee and toast.

As for answer to OP, would recommend Perkins, Panera Bread or Dennys for breakfast.
Old 17 May 17, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
jlowe64
slightly serious Dibber

We have stayed at Rosen pointe a few times, booked with travel city and get 2 free breakfast and 1 evening meal.
Love hotel but not the food.
Old 17 May 17, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

With Thomson it was an Add on for breakfast which was about £2 something I think was barely anything and to be honest we thought the breakfast was perfectly fine and meant you could get on your way to the park quicker.
As others say you have Dennys, Perkins and Ihop near to you where the hotel is situated you have plenty of choice.
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
t2ggergal
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sdrfish View Post
if you have booked 8 nights or more Rosen pointe give you free breakfast as part of staying there. When we booked with virgin for our 2 week stay in December we got free breakfast. We have also booked with virgin for this October for 2 weeks again and are getting free breakfast and dinner at Rosen pointe.

Whoever your booked with it might be worth giving them a ring and and saying you were meant to have free breakfast but it's not on your docs you have nothing to lose by trying.

Either that or breakfast I think is 9 dollars per person to eat there. It's not greatest but there are mickey waffles, cooked stuff like bacon,lots of fresh fruit and plenty of cereals.

Is that right? I'm staying there in October for 2 weeks and i haven't seen anything about getting free breakfast. Who should i contact the travel agent or the hotel? TIA
t2ggergal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sdrfish
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by t2ggergal View Post
Is that right? I'm staying there in October for 2 weeks and i haven't seen anything about getting free breakfast. Who should i contact the travel agent or the hotel? TIA
I would contact the travel agents an say I was advised that at the time of booking as I was staying 14 nights I would receive a breakfast buffet for each day I was staying but this is not on my documents. you have nothing to lose other than a quick phone call.

When i booked for december 29/12/16 for 14 nights with virgin I was told I would get this (not stated on documents) and when I got there I was given a breakfast buffet car to use for the 14 days there. I have rebooked to go again on October 5th for 14 nights and told this time I will have a breakfast buffet and dinner for each day I am there.
sdrfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List