Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 15 May 17, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Blondie1979
VIP Dibber

Blondie1979's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 30
Mobile The Dibbcast needs your dining top tips!

Dibbers we need your help!

Over the next few Mid-Month shows Dibbers Corner will be talking dining in Disney VS dining offsite and we need your top tips and advice.
Our first show will cover onsite dining so with that in mind,

•Do you wait to book free dining or do you purchase the dining plan?
• Do you pay out of pocket for dining onsite?
•What are the best value table & quick service restaurants for your credits or money?
•What are your favourite snacks?

Leave your top tips and we will include them in the show!

Thank you 😊
Old 15 May 17, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
nick
Imagineer

nick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Would never purchase the DDP... when staying on site we wait for free DDP to be released before booking
Old 15 May 17, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Mimistef
New Poster (3)

We have the free QSDP .We will be at the CBR from july 25 to august 10.

We will pay for two restaurants on site, 50' prime time café and 'Ohana breakfast

The best value quick service for the QS credit are BOG for the breakfast, Flame Tree Barbecue

For the time being , my favorite snack is the pineapple float and the warm cinnamon roll but I hope to discover more this summer

PS : Sorry for the faults, I'm a new french Dibb's member
Mimistef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Free dining has a different value depending on when you choose to travel and how many are in the room. When we go as a family of four free dining has value for us as food for four is a lot of money. When myself and my teenage daughter travel alone a room discount has better value as we eat less and there is only two of us. We also travel half terms so rooms are already cheaper than in the height of summer. We still eat a TS meal every day but will share three courses between us. We also share CS meals or often just have snacks to share in the day.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Woohoobb
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Top tip not on the list! Don't forget to include infants on the reservation as a person! Even if not eating! Obvious but surprising how many people forget!
Woohoobb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post

•Do you wait to book free dining or do you purchase the dining plan? – We always book free dining, it may or may not work out better value (we never calculate it) but we like the “all inclusive” feel and knowing most of our spends our catered for
• Do you pay out of pocket for dining onsite? – we tend to use most of our credits on signature meals (As we could never afford them otherwise) and have been known to pay OOP for some 1 credit dining when we’ve run out of credits.
•What are the best value table & quick service restaurants for your credits or money? – We use our credits on signatures as we would never be able to afford them otherwise
•What are your favourite snacks? – Anything in Goofys candy co!

I think our top tip would be to look at menus before you go, we have often needed to pay OOP for the odd meal, and by looking at the menus we've noticed that some of the breakfast buffets work out the cheapest meals to pay for.

We also use our DDP credits for signature meals, as we would never be able to afford some of the restaurants otherwise (California Grill, Yachtsman).

Edited at 09:14 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 102
Guidebook Reviews: 4
My tip is to look at the menus too, but to make sure there are items you like.

We always fancied Narcoosees but there is a limited selection of non-seafood options which is bad for us as we don't eat seafood.

We were going to do Victoria and Alberts but after looking at the type of food served it wouldn't suit us at all.
2005-Holiday Inn I-Drive * 2007-QII/Boardwalk * 2009-Married December at the Boardwalk/POR/Rolling Hills Villa (TR here) * 2010-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 May-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 October-Rolling Hills /Boardwalk (TR here) * 2012-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2013-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2014-Rolling Hills * 2015-Rolling Hills * 2016-Rolling Hills and Boardwalk * 2017-Boardwalk and Rolling Hills

DisneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post

As A DVC member who has invested a lot in Disney we get no free dining. So when they use free DDP it as a booking "carrot" I find it quite irksome. The DDP has certainly reduced the quality of food at Disney. Oh! for the days when the food was outstanding and you didn't have to book a meal 6 months out.

Edited at 11:11 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
•Do you wait to book free dining or do you purchase the dining plan?

Neither. As a DVC Member the dining plan is expensive and we don't purchase it as it's poor value.

• Do you pay out of pocket for dining onsite?

Yes. We eat onsite 70 nights a year over three trips however the TIW Card makes it less expensive, especially the bars!

•What are the best value table & quick service restaurants for your credits or money?

They are all poor value if you look at the dollar value. However it's convenient and a good standard apart from the Signatures which are awesome

•What are your favourite snacks?

None, never buy snacks as they aren't needed. Eat your meals and snacks are not required.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
We always stay offsite.
In Disney we love the character meas and happily pay for these.
Most frustrating now is the complete inability for offsite guests to be able to book any dining in advance - I find it impossible. Luckily we have been able to get bookings in the parks on the day. Would love to do Chef Mickey's but can never get a reservation.

The Quick service food is just glorified fast food in my opinion, but we put up with it. The best one for us is Pizza place and AK. Can't recall the full name.

The quality of food at character meals is quite good, but not really as good as offsite options.
I'll probably miss the offsite section. Our Favourites
The Cheescake Factory
Bahama Breeze
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List