Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 May 17, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
barnsleyfan
Excited about Disney

Iluminations - epcot

Is it worth using your tier 1 FP for illuminations at the expense of soarin/Test Track? I've heard people say they park themselves in one of the cafes around the world and watch from there?
If you FP, where are you located, and is there still standby space?

Thanks
barnsleyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

I personally wouldn't fp Illuminations, the world showcase is huge and there are plenty of places to see it well. I'd use fp on the rides.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

I agree that there are so many good places to see Illuminations that it is not really worth a Fast pass. last July we watched from the fast pass area and from the bridge next to France. The fast pass area was not the best as there were so many people we were about 6 people deep. Wont be bothering this year.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I use illuminations time to ride Soarin and Test Track.

Illuminations is tired.

Disney332
Old 16 May 17, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post

There are only 3 eateries that have decent views of the show. Personally, we prefer to eat and then get spot. There are some good places but I'm not revealing.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Don't waste a FP there are plenty of spots all around the lagoon, use your FP on something else.
Old 16 May 17, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
barnsleyfan
Excited about Disney

Cheers
Is it standing to watch or seating?
We will be hiring a wheelchair for my wife cos she be absolutely knackered at that point (back issues). Is she going to struggle to see, or is there any special areas for people with wheelchairs?
barnsleyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by barnsleyfan View Post
Cheers
Is it standing to watch or seating?
We will be hiring a wheelchair for my wife cos she be absolutely knackered at that point (back issues). Is she going to struggle to see, or is there any special areas for people with wheelchairs?
Everywhere is pretty much standing. However there is a special wheelchair area - which is very limited so you need to get there early.

Worth noting that as long as there is not a tree in front of you, most areas around the lake are good views and we has someone in a wheelchair with us last year and did not have an issue finding somewhere we could all see from.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

I wouldn't give up a FP for it - as others have said you can pretty much see the show from anywhere around the lake as long as you don't have a tree in your view... there are some good viewing spots from restaurants ... we did the dessert party last year wouldn't recommend it.

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Syjen
Very Serious Dibber

Personally don't see the point of using this as a FP, as previous posts there are plenty of areas around the lagoon to view really well.
Syjen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List