Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 May 17, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Disney ticket options - dilemma.

So it's almost time to get purchasing tickets (I think I can get SW and universal tickets now and still have them valid for september, right?) and I was dithering about Disney. Wasn't thinking of doing it, then spotted 2 day tickets for £169 on the Disney UK site, now it's got me thinking.

It's either no Disney parks, 2 day or 7 day tickets. (Wouldn't be doing more than 3 or 4 days at the most.) I'm not bothered about photopass, park hopping would be nice but we may not use it.

Thinking of doing Epcot and Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios. Might throw in Magic Kingdom if I got the 7 day ticket with hoppers.

Questions:

1) Would I need a wifi device in the states to view our fastpasses? I'd probably just get a cheap tablet that I wouldn't mind losing.

2) If going to 2 parks on the same day, can I spread fastpasses between the 2?

3) Whats the situation with construction at Hollywood Studios in September?

4) If I'm right in understanding this I can book 30 days out for fastpasses using our ticket numbers, which I presume will be sent to us in the post or something?

5) Can I get the tickets now for September (this goes for all the parks, universal disney and seaworld.)

Sorry for the amateur level questions but I wasn't planning on going to Disney, so I've not really been keeping up with the news there.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR

Edited at 03:45 PM.
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
So it's almost time to get purchasing tickets (I think I can get SW and universal tickets now and still have them valid for september, right?) and I was dithering about Disney. Wasn't thinking of doing it, then spotted 2 day tickets for £169 on the Disney UK site, now it's got me thinking.

It's either no Disney parks, 2 day or 7 day tickets. (Wouldn't be doing more than 4 or 5 days at the most.) I'm not bothered about photopass, park hopping would be nice but we may not use it.

Thinking of doing Epcot and Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios. Might throw in Magic Kingdom if I got the 7 day ticket with hoppers.

Questions:

1) Would I need a wifi device in the states to view our fastpasses? I'd probably just get a cheap tablet that I wouldn't mind losing.

2) If going to 2 parks on the same day, can I spread fastpasses between the 2?

3) Whats the situation with construction at Hollywood Studios in September?

4) If I'm right in understanding this I can book 30 days out for fastpasses using our ticket numbers, which I presume will be sent to us in the post or something?

5) Can I get the tickets now for September (this goes for all the parks, universal disney and seaworld.)

Sorry for the amateur level questions but I wasn't planning on going to Disney, so I've not really been keeping up with the news there.
My answers:
1. You can, although if you select your fast passes before you go you can always screenshot and print them. You can get more (after the 3) in the park by going to a fast pass area - there are a few in each park and they are marked on maps - or if you have a device with wifi that either has a browser or is compatible with the Disney app you can do it that way too.

2. no all 3 have to be in the same part. After you have used all 3 the next ones can be in any park but obviously there needs to be availability.

3. Have a look at the refubs and closures link on the dibb for specific information. Obviously a lot is currently closed whilst they are working on various lands and none are due to be opened before you go.

4. If you buy tickets then yes and yes, but make sure you are not buying a voucher to be exchanged for a ticket - in this case you will not be able to do anything in advance.

5. yes, yes and yes - you can buy now for 2018 too.

Hope the above helps.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
My answers:
1. You can, although if you select your fast passes before you go you can always screenshot and print them. You can get more (after the 3) in the park by going to a fast pass area - there are a few in each park and they are marked on maps - or if you have a device with wifi that either has a browser or is compatible with the Disney app you can do it that way too.

2. no all 3 have to be in the same part. After you have used all 3 the next ones can be in any park but obviously there needs to be availability.

3. Have a look at the refubs and closures link on the dibb for specific information. Obviously a lot is currently closed whilst they are working on various lands and none are due to be opened before you go.

4. If you buy tickets then yes and yes, but make sure you are not buying a voucher to be exchanged for a ticket - in this case you will not be able to do anything in advance.

5. yes, yes and yes - you can buy now for 2018 too.

Hope the above helps.
Excellent thanks for the info. Having looked at the closures etc I think I will be plumping for the 2 day ticket if I decide to get Disney tickets. We just don't have the spare days to make a 7 day worthwhile. I'll probably drop Hollywood Studios and do EPCOT/AK then.

Time to get buying tickets then but I will make sure that I will get a proper ticket and not a voucher if I can. Do you know if I book on the official disney website or through my travel agent (thomas cook) they will send a proper ticket?

I will probably just go through Disney themselves since they should do the real thing and if anything goes wrong linking the tickets to MyMagic (I think thats what it's called right?) then it's all under one roof and there shouldnt be too many communcation issues.

Thanks for all your help!
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

For viewing MDE/FP+... If you have a smartphone, look into getting a 3 SIM that comes with the "Feel at home" option here. I'm on contract so can't tell you the exact prices for PAYG, but I think about £20 will get you more than enough data that you can use in the US at no extra charge. Would make it easy to change/book extra FPs on the go as well, you won't have to hunt down wifi hotspots. You could even buy a cheap Android phone that would do the job, I have one as a backup that was about £80 outright and works fine.

Wise choice skipping HS given time constraints. AK will have the new Pandora section to explore so is the much more exciting park at the moment. HS won't get anything new until 2019, and more things keep getting closed there. It'll be a ghost park soon enough!

Edited at 04:55 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
Excellent thanks for the info. Having looked at the closures etc I think I will be plumping for the 2 day ticket if I decide to get Disney tickets. We just don't have the spare days to make a 7 day worthwhile. I'll probably drop Hollywood Studios and do EPCOT/AK then.

Time to get buying tickets then but I will make sure that I will get a proper ticket and not a voucher if I can. Do you know if I book on the official disney website or through my travel agent (thomas cook) they will send a proper ticket?

I will probably just go through Disney themselves since they should do the real thing and if anything goes wrong linking the tickets to MyMagic (I think thats what it's called right?) then it's all under one roof and there shouldnt be too many communcation issues.

Thanks for all your help!
Not sure if Thomas Cook sells the 2 days one. Make sure you get the park hopper one so you can do more than 1 park in a day. If you look on the ticket area of the forum I think there have been discussions on where is the best place to buy a 2 or 3 days ticket.

Like you say Disney is a good bet as they will sort out an issues if you get tickets from them but I think other place might be cheaper.

Disney direct is definitely a ticket - they link it to your app so you can see it quickly and that is all you need to do the fast passes.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List