Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 May 17, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Runs off to buy my bio hazard suit! The germs the germs!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Nut jobs the lot of them.
Old 22 May 17, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

the more you wipe the less resistance your own body has, i never wipe stuff down, i work in a busy A&E debt and yes i wash my hands when doing anything with patients but this is for their protection not mine, i haven't been off sick with an infection for years and rarely catch anything as i allow my own immunity to fight these bugs not suppress it
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
It's never even occurred to me to do any of that. I've lived to 45 only ever using alcohol gel at work. When i think of how unhygienic I was as I child I think it must've just boosted my immune system!
yeah, never did me any hard eating soil, putting everything i could in my mouth & licking everything else lol, no such think as anti bacterial wipes in them days and funnily enough no MRSA, c-diff etc etc
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

They are a bit ott on some of those threads.
I wonder how they function in the real ( non holiday) world. I'm a teacher and I'd just spend my day wiping everything if I was as obsessed as that.
Old 22 May 17, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney2010 View Post
I do think that many Americans are definitely hyper-sensitive when it comes to germs. It is not uncommon to see American parents washing their hands in the bathrooms only to then put anti-bacterial gel on their & their children's hands as they are walking out of the bathrooms!
I cannot understand the logic - You have literally just washed your hands!
Haha I agree it's mad, but I have to say I love the smell of Honolulu Sun hand sanitizer bought from Bath and Body Works in Florida last year. Sometimes if I don't like the smell of soap in public toilets I have been known to quickly use a bit of it after hand washing simply because I love it so much... Someone probably looked at me and thought I was acting silly haha
Old 22 May 17, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I do travel with anti bacterial wipes and gel and can admit to cleaning door handles & light switches in hotels.

I also take my own pillow if travelling by car but this is simply as I love my comfy pillow and have sleep issues!

The only time I have cleaned properly on holiday is when the bungalow we rented was absolutely filthy and smothered in dirt and dog fur!
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 04:05 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by disney babe View Post
yeah, never did me any hard eating soil, putting everything i could in my mouth & licking everything else lol, no such think as anti bacterial wipes in them days and funnily enough no MRSA, c-diff etc etc
Yeah and the rest! I remember the "coffee" we made from the sand pit...

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 06:26 AM  
Link to this Post

I will admit to taking a small pack of milton wipes for the plane to wipe trays and arms down, they don't get cleaned very well and is one of the more common tip s to avoid getting ill whilst travelling. I did take some for the room last time but don't recall using them to be honest. I do have handgel for my son mainly, he is 5 and I don't trust his hand hygiene at times...
Old 23 May 17, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

I am so glad for Team Dibb!

I was thinking there must be something awful about Mousekeeping and the rooms at Disney for people to be going to those kind of lengths!

Good to know it's just some super germ-phobey people and my normal holiday routine of leaving the room cleaning to the cleaners will be fine!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List