Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 23 May 17, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Issytot
Excited about Disney

Mobile Villa for first time after 2 x onsite. Where do I start?

Hello

We have never done a villa stay at Orlando and i don't have a clue where to start.

I've looked around at the map and dibb villas etc but what do I need to know?

we are 2 adults and 2 teens. looking for 2 or 3 weeks in late August 2018.

We have stayed onsite before so this will be a new type of trip but Disney prices are insane next year and with the children now older we wanted some space, ability to make our own breaky and our own pool. we will do plenty of Disney and now universal for first time.

what advice do you have? am I too early or too late to book now? where do I start?
Old 23 May 17, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

Never too early to book to get the one you want! I personally would advise booking a dibb villa, we work out the location first, how far travelling time from the parks would you like ? What sort of facilities onsite? i.e. gym, communal pool, gated/non gated etc. Also I got caught out booking a villa from an American owner (not dibb) which cost me extra to send the money, so something to watch out for as well. You will love the space and comfort a villa offers

July '17 - Sunset Lakes, Aug '15 - Windsor Hills, Aug 13- Highlands Reserve,Aug '11 -Windsor Hills
Oct '09 - Sunset Lakes,May '08 - Lindfields,April '07 - Florida pines,April '05 - Florida Pines,July 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza,I Drive. May 96 - International Drive

Edited at 07:19 PM.
lovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

First place you could start is on the bills rental section on here decide what is important to you If doing auniversal access to I4 good wifi games room pool how many bed rooms and a rough ideal of dates and owners who have something that might suit will get back to you
Helen
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Issytot
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Great, thank you. Are all Dibb villas vetted? so I know I'm safe booking it? and do all allow payments in GBP?
Old 23 May 17, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
No matter if the villas are vetted you should always do your own checks for piece of mind, there is a sticky not at the top of the accommodation section giving advice on some checks you can do, most uk owners will accept payment in GBP but they may quote in US $ so if paying in GBP you would use the US$ exchange rate on the day you make payment.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Imagineer

Firstly you have made a good choice, we have been hiring villas for some years now. As children got to teenage stage they wanted own pool as they were more self conscious. We have booked Dibb villas and also from other sites. The good thing about Dibb villa is you can read about them and oother Dibb members reports about their stay in them. We always go for a location near to the parks so we can return midday have a snack, swim or a nap before returning to parks later in the day. We also like to be quite near to restaurants so tend to pick Formosa gardens area. There is plenty of choice so have fun exploring.
Old 24 May 17, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Put a request in on the Dibb...state intended dates , number in party, and the fact that you are new to the villa scene, mention anything you know you would like
depening on dates you should get lots of response, and can filter thru
Look at the reviews on the Dibb ads,top right hand corner
Ask any questions you need to !
happy villa hunting!
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Dave
Serious Dibber

We have stayed in Villa's many times in fact I think once you've done that you won't go back The best thing to do is study where you want to be based there are plenty of areas available. Also don't forget Virgin do Villa's we stayed in one last year it was nice but the pool was a bit crap. Just google Florida Villas and relax and enjoy the process.
Big Dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi after many years staying on site, We are now villa fans, We stayed in a DIBB villa in 2016, We have another DIBB villa booked for 2018, We stayed on Sunset Lakes, It is a great gated community, It is in the Formosa Gardens area so just 10 mins from Disney, Only 2 mins from lots of shops and restaurants.
I just looked at the Villa rentals on this site, Put in the drop down box what I wanted and took it from there, Most DIBB owers are from GB so I should imagine prices will be in GBPs Our villa in 2016 was and our villa in 2018 is also in Pounds.Good luck with your planning.
The extra space in the villa, Having breakfast by the pool, Having your own private pool to relax, Having your own laundry room, Just perfect wished I had done it years ago
Old 24 May 17, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dave
Serious Dibber

We love Formosa Gardens we are there in September. Like you say Gated Community, Laundry, Pool, Personal Space and not wall to wall Disney. Only 15 minutes drive or so to Magic local amenities not far and a bonus for me is an Outback Steakhouse on the doorstep. I'm getting excited just writing this 😂😂😂😂
Big Dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List