Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 23 May 17, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

On line Check In POFQ

I have heard that you can check in from 60 days online and wondered if anyone knew what options might be available for a Standard Room please?

Many thanks
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
You can have 2 requests, Not sure of them all but some are, corner room, high, low floor.
Near reception.

This year we had corner room, and near reception.. We got block 3.
Old 24 May 17, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Is there a benefit to a corner room as I see some people prefer to try and request these?
Thanks
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

We had a corner room and it was lovely. The main plus is having 2 windows so it's lighter.

From what I remember options were; upper floor, ground floor, near transport, near lobby, corner room.

We absolutely loved POFQ, you won't go wrong whichever room you're in.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi Fiona, I was following your battle with Disney and was thrilled when you finally got your move sorted. We are at POFQ now (moved from CBR) we totally love it. It's just amazing. So pretty, the staff can't do enough for you, every one so friendly and kind. We are long time CBR fans but without doubt POFQ will be where we stay if and when we come back. The food court is excellent, lots of choice, the river boat to Disney Springs is a huge plus, we've used it every day since we arrived last week, we've had no trouble with the buses either, even leaving MK last night after the fireworks, they sent a full size coach so everyone in the queue could get on, we are 100% happy! None of this answers your question, sorry! We are in building 5, seconds away from the pool, food court and main building. We have a king, corner room which is lovely because of extra light. All we requested was a high floor as we knew King rooms were all corners and we weren't fussed which building as we'd been advised the resort was small. Think we're lucky to be in 5 because in hindsight, it's not that small so I'd suggest asking to be close to main building. Have a wonderful time, we're here another week if there's anything you want us to check out for you
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
Hi Fiona, I was following your battle with Disney and was thrilled when you finally got your move sorted. We are at POFQ now (moved from CBR) we totally love it. It's just amazing. So pretty, the staff can't do enough for you, every one so friendly and kind. We are long time CBR fans but without doubt POFQ will be where we stay if and when we come back. The food court is excellent, lots of choice, the river boat to Disney Springs is a huge plus, we've used it every day since we arrived last week, we've had no trouble with the buses either, even leaving MK last night after the fireworks, they sent a full size coach so everyone in the queue could get on, we are 100% happy! None of this answers your question, sorry! We are in building 5, seconds away from the pool, food court and main building. We have a king, corner room which is lovely because of extra light. All we requested was a high floor as we knew King rooms were all corners and we weren't fussed which building as we'd been advised the resort was small. Think we're lucky to be in 5 because in hindsight, it's not that small so I'd suggest asking to be close to main building. Have a wonderful time, we're here another week if there's anything you want us to check out for you
Hi bestbubba
Thanks for the report back. It sounds a lovely resort. and thanks for following my battle!
I need a room with two beds so I'm guessing corner room is out if they have King beds. I'm thinking about seeing if we can get a room near the lobby and high floor, that should be near the food court and buses I think?
Have you been to POR at all or used the facilities over there and what is the pool like at POFQ?
Oh and how long does the boat take to Disney Springs?
If I think of anymore I'll let you know but in the meantime have an amazing time😀
Old 24 May 17, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fiona35 View Post
Hi bestbubba
Thanks for the report back. It sounds a lovely resort. and thanks for following my battle!
I need a room with two beds so I'm guessing corner room is out if they have King beds. I'm thinking about seeing if we can get a room near the lobby and high floor, that should be near the food court and buses I think?
Have you been to POR at all or used the facilities over there and what is the pool like at POFQ?
Oh and how long does the boat take to Disney Springs?
If I think of anymore I'll let you know but in the meantime have an amazing time😀
Think requests you've mentioned will be perfect.
There is only one bus stop, separated into 2, 1 is MK and HS, the other is the rest. So far, never crowded, and little wait times.
I'm not sure if all corner rooms are king, just that all king are corner!
We walked along the river to POR one evening, took 10 minutes and we're slow walkers. Their food court is much bigger (we stayed in '96 but it looked different, bigger, maybe been added to?) I've read reviews that say it's the best mod food court but we're very happy with the one at POFQ so far. Sure we'll give it a try before we leave.
The pool here is great, yes it does look childlike, huge serpent slide etc, but full of adults having fun too. Loads of sun loungers, some shade, not a great deal. Next door is the little kids mini water park, fab to watch the teenie ones having fun. There's a nice pool bar and plenty of tables and chairs and umbrellas for shade, phew, it's hot!
Most nights there's a sort of country type band playing at the bar /lounge next door to the food court. Everyone seems to be enjoying it (I'm deaf so can't comment!)
The boat to Disney Springs takes maybe 15 minutes, it's just delightful. From POR a bit longer as they're furthest away.
Main pool at POR looks great, not as colourful as POFQ because of the theming. Again, a nice looking pool bar.
At both resorts you can take a horse and carriage ride. Looks lovely, anniversary tomorrow, might do it! $45 up to four people, think maybe 30 mins.
Hope that helps a bit, anything else, just ask
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi we moved to por from cbr someone on here recommended looking at portorleans.org it if full of useful info about both parts of po. It has a map of all the rooms click on the building and it tells you what rooms are in it. Hope this helps. My turn for check in soon 😎
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Our 2 corner rooms have had 2 beds. Yes they are lighter having the two windows.
Old 24 May 17, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Boat to Disney springs takes about 15 mins.
scottishmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List