Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 14 May 16, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Hi
From memory Blizzard Beach is fine apart from one ride that has about 3 ft of water at the end.
But I would say that the tsunami at Typhoon Lagoon is a bit much for a non swimmer - if you stand where it crashes you will get thrown about and go under the water
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 16, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I would also just say that although most of the lazy river and grand reef at Discovery Cove are shallow enough to stand, they both drop off suddenly in places

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 16, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Elise79 View Post
Blizzard Beach is better than Typhoon Lagoon for non-swimmers IMO.

I found the drops in to the pools worse at TL and I'm a decent swimmer.
Thanks Elise. Might use the children as guinea pigs
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 16, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jokeybhoy View Post
I'm not a strong swimmer and I had no problems in the wave pool.You will know your depth limit,just stay there and still have fun in the wave pool,it's one of the best parts of typhoon lagoon.
Thanks Jokeybhoy. That's good to know & knowing me I will probably give it a go once there.
Old 14 May 16, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
Hi
From memory Blizzard Beach is fine apart from one ride that has about 3 ft of water at the end.
But I would say that the tsunami at Typhoon Lagoon is a bit much for a non swimmer - if you stand where it crashes you will get thrown about and go under the water
Rob
Thanks Lisbon. Will have to keep an eye out for that.
Old 16 May 16, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Gerddon
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We done blizzard beach and typhoon lagoon last year and I can't swim. Unless my memory is particularly fuzzy i done pretty much everything without any issues. I actually remember going out of my way to get my head wet at one point,
Gerddon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 16, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
No1 Babe
Excited about Disney

For anyone reading this , take the step, enrol for lessons and learn to swim. I took 2 lessons before my hols , got into the pool everyday and can now do breastStroke and freestyle . It's changed my life to be able to swim. I don't go out of my depth at 1.3 metres but hope to visit the deep end some day . It made my day at the water park much more enjoyable too .
No1 Babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 16, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by No1 Babe View Post
For anyone reading this , take the step, enrol for lessons and learn to swim. I took 2 lessons before my hols , got into the pool everyday and can now do breastStroke and freestyle . It's changed my life to be able to swim. I don't go out of my depth at 1.3 metres but hope to visit the deep end some day . It made my day at the water park much more enjoyable too .
I commend you for posting this I was trapped underwater for a short while when I was quite young and from that point I was scared to get any water on my face.

Fast forward to my first family holiday in 97 where we rented a villa with a private pool and my SD loved the water but i felt left out. I would go in up to my waist but wasn't comfortable.

So when I came back from that holiday I took up swimming lessons and managed to get the confidence to take my feet off from the pool floor and swim a few widths. I am by no means a confident swimmer but love being in the pool now.

BB
Old 15 Sep 16, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread