Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 29 Aug 16, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

I don't think you should go on holiday with a view of not doing what you want. Whether it's rides, parks or eating what you want.

Life is for living. Enjoy the time over there
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 16, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
champagnegirl26
Imagineer

champagnegirl26's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I was on Sw before the holiday but for the holiday I had everything I wanted. We were there just under four weeks I gained 13 lb but I tell you what it was worth it and now I'm back I'm straight on it!

June 2007 Masters Inn hotel Kissimmee
June 2008 Disney resort tour
May2009 Oak plantation villas
May 2010 Pop century
May 2014 Dibb villa
Aug 2016 Dibb villa
May 2018 Dibb villa
May 2019 Cumbrian lakes villa.
champagnegirl26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 16, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I don't get the holiday weight gain. Not that I don't gain any, I mean I just don't understand it.
I don't eat excessively, there's usually at least one meal that gets missed, you walk literally miles every day, and I never make dessert (no matter how hard I try!) and yet I gain around 5lbs. I avoid nuggets/fries etc, mainly because I don't enjoy them, I don't focus on the diet.

It drops pretty quickly when I'm home but it's still irritating. Maybe it's the whole ice tea/lemonade nonsense.

I think healthy eating is actually quite tricky, so much is deep fried/coated in sugar. I ordered Asian Chicken with rice in Millers Ale House and the boiled rice had been coated in oil. Why?
Wee_Red is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 16, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JayceeStar
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

You will store water due to flying which does add to the gain too.
I lost 4st and got to goal, then went to Florida and put 10lbs on. I haven't been back to goal since!
I'm going for my honeymoon in October and have been trying to lose weight for the wedding but it's not going well. I will however be doing HIIT or swimming every morning this time so hoping to limit the damage!
JayceeStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 16, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by covgirl View Post
Wondering how any dibbers on slimming world get on in Orlando? I've been in Orlando before and completely left slimming world behind back at home I know it's not realistic to completely stick to plan while you're there but I'm going to try and make 'better' choices than my usual choices on my next trip to Orlando. However this time I'm not staying in a villa which I would find easier, I'm staying in a hotel. The only facilities in the room is a fridge and coffee maker. Going to try and take it seriously on next years holiday and allow myself some treats..
I've been doing Sw for 3 years and been to Florida three times in those three years first time put one pound on both other times stayed the same. It is easy chasing from the menu just do like we do at home and pick wisely.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 16, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Originally Posted by JayceeStar View Post
You will store water due to flying which does add to the gain too.
I lost 4st and got to goal, then went to Florida and put 10lbs on. I haven't been back to goal since!
I'm going for my honeymoon in October and have been trying to lose weight for the wedding but it's not going well. I will however be doing HIIT or swimming every morning this time so hoping to limit the damage!
You will look amazing no matter what! You could maybe mix up the routine? I find that whilst I love the same classes, by adding something else in or changing a combat for body pump, it can kick start the loss again.
Wee_Red is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 16, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
covgirl
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks for all your replies! I guess I was just worried about eating out every single night, I'll have to be the 'fussy' one who asks for no oil/dressings on the side kind of person
In the parks can also be my downfall, if I was in a villa it would be easier to prepare packed lunches.
Sometimes I just can't resist all the American goodies

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney
covgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 16, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

i tend to hold water due to flying, hot weather and i think because everything is so salty!
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 16, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
i tend to hold water due to flying, hot weather and i think because everything is so salty!
I think this must explain a lot because as I said, I drop it really quickly when back in the UK.
Old 2 Sep 16, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by covgirl View Post
Thanks for all your replies! I guess I was just worried about eating out every single night, I'll have to be the 'fussy' one who asks for no oil/dressings on the side kind of person
In the parks can also be my downfall, if I was in a villa it would be easier to prepare packed lunches.
Sometimes I just can't resist all the American goodies
Definitely worth trying to stay on it. A nearly stone gain would be an absolute nightmare for me personally! As we all know. Getting it back off is much harder than putting it on...
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List