Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Sep 16, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Forkbeard View Post
Totally agree.

I have a confession... I've never been on the Dumbo ride

I would go on it, but I'm usually left holding stuff and waving at the kids (when they were kids... okay, so I still wave

In fact our adult party only went on it (less me) for the first time in 2014. They all really liked it, except the 24 year old of course Bit of embarrassment for him I think.

Another confession... I only went on the Carousel for the first time in 2014
Other than the likes of Frozen Ever After and Soarin' Around the World which only opened this year, I think I've been on every ride at the main Disney parks.

However, this year was the first time I stepped foot on Tom Sawyer's Island. It was only fairly recently that I realised it existed.

Now, admittedly, I wouldn't rush to go back on some rides - Dumbo would be in that list. It's ok - and I don't feel embarrassed about going on it - but it's not that interesting either.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 16, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Other than the likes of Frozen Ever After and Soarin' Around the World which only opened this year, I think I've been on every ride at the main Disney parks.

However, this year was the first time I stepped foot on Tom Sawyer's Island. It was only fairly recently that I realised it existed.

Now, admittedly, I wouldn't rush to go back on some rides - Dumbo would be in that list. It's ok - and I don't feel embarrassed about going on it - but it's not that interesting either.
If you didn't go on Tom Sawyer's then presumably you never rode in one of those canoes either

I'm like you, I think everything must be done once. Each time I go I think "must do that this time" Never seen the French film at Epcot, mostly because it's so close to us it seems pointless. I hadn't been in that English pub in Epcot until recently either.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 16, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
k4tiemay
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Ooh I totally loved Nemo, I'm surprised that anyone didn't. I'd say do them all, but tbh Barnstormer and Dumbo aren't all that unless you've got kiddies with you xx
k4tiemay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 16, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

DW and I are in our forties and travel without children. We go on everything, do all the character meets and have done several character meals too. Not once have I ever been remotely close to being embarrassed.

As for the OPs query, I agree with previous posters, everything is worth doing once.

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 16, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Forkbeard View Post
If you didn't go on Tom Sawyer's then presumably you never rode in one of those canoes either
Canoes?!?

I have remembered one ride I haven't done - Kali River Rapids. DW doesn't like water rides at all and I can take them or leave them.

Heading back towards the original topic, due to lack of time I know it can be difficult to do everything in one visit. So here's the list of attractions in the first post in priority order (highest priority first).

TSMM
Nemo show
Frozen ride
7DMT
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Dumbo
Barnstormer
Triceratops Spin

The first three rides (not the Nemo show) really need to be fastpassed. I wouldn't advise waiting more than 50 minutes for any of them.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 16, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Canoes?!?

I have remembered one ride I haven't done - Kali River Rapids. DW doesn't like water rides at all and I can take them or leave them.
Davy_Crockett_Explorer_Canoes

We always do KRR, BUT... we are getting old, and we shamefully have started wearing ponchos

KRR you can get absolutely soaked, but not quite as much as you can on the Popeye/Bluto ride at IoA... that can be like a bathtub being tipped over you
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 16, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Everything is worth doing once! (Apart from Captain Eo... ).
As fo TSMM. Best attraction in any theme park anywhere in the world IMO! Nemo is simply beautiful. Get there early enough to see the performers faces as well as the puppets they are operating. Very moving.
Old 17 Sep 16, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Dunc
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks, everyone, this is really interesting. I haven't visited the answers for a while, as I got one that was quite alarming (funnily enough, it's been removed. I think someone got lost trying to find the DIS boards!)

I loved Aladdin, which is why I thought I might give Dumbo a go. I can't believe I haven't done TSMM, but definitely will be booking FP at 60 days this time. I think I'll give Barnstormer a miss, from the look of the replies.

I've got 2 weeks this time - I usually do a week, so my trip plan looks massively luxurious. The first 6 days are full, but the next 7 are gloriously full of spaces. I'll try to fit most of them in.

Unfortunately I did Captain EO twice. Once in 1989, and again in 2013, because I'd forgotten how bad it was!
Dunc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 16, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread