Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Sep 16, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

I can see why they are doing it though. When bad weather hits those rides can keep going.
Old 13 Sep 16, 04:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I like them as it's what makes universal and IOA different from the rest. You still have hulk and rip rock it and blutos barge and the do right flume are very good water rides where you actually get wet!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post

I am guessing one of the advantages of these types of rides is that they maybe able to change them without to much investment or downtime.

A coaster once built is there to stay until they have to spend millions and a lot of time revamping it, or knocking it down and replacing it.

The simulators are possibly changeable so in another year or so there maybe a new transformers scene, the ride may stay the same but the 'film' may change. If this is possible then all simulator rides could feasibly change every couple of years or so.

I love them and probably prefer them to the real coaster as they are more or less limitless in what they can do.

I also guess the next generation will be virtual headset based so along the same lines but stepping it up a bit more.

Edited at 06:50 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

I didn't mind fj and gringotts, they don't stick in my mind as simulator, it's a definite moving ride using film as well as scenery... Where as transformers is dire. If you closed your eyes you would think you were on spiderman, same track, effects (fire, water, electric shock type juddering) except the film is really difficult to see and just a mass of constant exploding rubble and machinery, without any sort of story really. It may not help I am not a fan of the films and don't know which is the good or bad guy, but my 11yr old at the time (who does know) came off and said, that was exactly the same as spiderman, except worse. We won't bother with it again, even if it was a walk on.
littlelish0544 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

Originally Posted by littlelish0544 View Post
I didn't mind fj and gringotts, they don't stick in my mind as simulator, it's a definite moving ride using film as well as scenery... Where as transformers is dire. If you closed your eyes you would think you were on spiderman, same track, effects (fire, water, electric shock type juddering) except the film is really difficult to see and just a mass of constant exploding rubble and machinery, without any sort of story really. It may not help I am not a fan of the films and don't know which is the good or bad guy, but my 11yr old at the time (who does know) came off and said, that was exactly the same as spiderman, except worse. We won't bother with it again, even if it was a walk on.
Transformers is probably my favourite ride there (or maybe Mummy?). I suppose I don't really analyse the rides as much as some, I get on, ride, enjoy and get off.
I don't do the big coasters so having lots of 3D type rides suits me. Maybe that's why US is still my favourite park after 15 years of visiting. You'll not get me back on Simpsons in a hurry though. Ouch, that hurt!
Old 13 Sep 16, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by klr15 View Post
I'm a bit gutted about the amount of 3D rides, particularly the Harry Potter ones because I'm a big fan of Harry Potter! I do suffer from motion sickness quite a bit. Do any of the rides require the person to wear those 3D glasses? I only ask because I can't see 3D films as I've got a problem with my eyes that prevents me.
I have a very lazy eye which means that I struggle with 3D at the cinema - never getting the full impact, and it usually gives me a headache.

I've never had an issue with the rides / shows at Universal / Disney though - which I guess is down to them being shorter so my eye can cope for a few mins at a time.

Personally, I think the 3D rides are some if the best attractions in Orlando - they are more inclusive for the family (DS has been riding Spiderman since he was 3), and they take up less space - which means more opportunities for more new rides in the future
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I love US and IOA in small dose. We do half day in each and it's perfect (staying onsite with express passes). We stayed 4 days last time and it was WAY too much. When we did the transformer for 10th time (my son never have enough of this ride, and I didn't want to say no) I wished for a soft pillow so i can have a little rest while on the ride

The Mummy is pretty amazing
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Lee2112
Imagineer

Mobile

Not me anyway
Old 13 Sep 16, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
JDL003
Proud to wear my Ears

yes...they are so boring. the spiderman and transformer ones are basically the same one.
JDL003 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 16, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
steph1
Imagineer

steph1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

My hubby was saying this the other day, and obviously from this thread hes not alone in his opinion. I like US/IoA but it is all becoming a bit 'samey'
steph1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread