Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Sep 16, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Busy day park guide, how good is it?

Can I ask experienced regular Dibb park goers...

Actually how accurate and good is it please?

Have you used it yourself and did it work, or was it useless for you?

I'm very intrigued as to how it's put together, when and how it's updated, who looks at it and makes it accurate and what it's based on?

Daily/weekly/monthly?

We did try to use it last year, but read the colour columns the wrong way round and visited the busy parks on busy days and avoided the quiet ones on the days we should have gone to the park!

Doh, silly me!
jessandjon2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 16, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

The reason I just put this up and am asking the question is because if you look at visiting a park today it recommends I go to HS or MK, which if you look at the current wait times is quite inaccurate, hence why I'd like to ask please?

MK and HS against all the other park wait times today, is one of the worst to visit?
jessandjon2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 16, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

One of the mods will probably be along to explain how they put it together, but I used it last year to plan our August park days and we found it worked well for us. Obviously, there were some hot spots around the rides/attractions you would expect but, on the whole, we got plenty done and didn't feel as though the parks were too rammed.

We stuck to the most recommended apart from the day we returned to MK for dinner at BOG. I think it was an EMH day (and we were off-site) but it was the only date I could get for BOG. Anyway, we thought it was noticeably busier on that MK visit than our previous two had been on most recommended days.

Others may have different stories, but I'm planning on using it again next year.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 16, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
VicStar
VIP Dibber

As a total control freak I find that I like to be able to see a number for exactly how busy each park is predicted to be, rather than just a most/least recommended. For example are the most recommended still a 9/10 for crowds, or are they say, a 3/10 compared to the least recommended which could be 9/10? If all parks are a 9 or 10 then I'd probably just pick whichever park suited us, regardless of recommendation. But if there's a big variation, I'd take that into account.

Probably not explained it very well lol! I do use the Dibb guide but then I also like to have more detail so use it in conjunction with the TP guide. More recently we've been staying onsite and using EMH, and those parks are often least recommended.
VicStar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 16, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I used it last time we went and found it really helpful.
Even though we were there in April we never found any parks heaving or queues too long.
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 16, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
voyagers_uk
Excited about Disney

As per NLB i like to see a number put on the expected crowds so that I can pick the best days out of the 2 weeks to go see that park, rather than the best park for a particular day. That's why I use touring plans busy day guide (need to subscribe - $10 a year roughly). It's also, i think, the only busy day guide that reports back how successful it was at estimating the weekly crowds. As a fan of stats it seems the most rigorous to me.
voyagers_uk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 16, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread