Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 31 Aug 16, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Birtie
slightly serious Dibber

Anchors Norway - Day 2, Dover

29th May 2016

We had breakfast at the pub guessing who else looked as if they would be on the cruise. Some looked dead certs including the family that Tracey was talking to.

We checked out and mentioned air con not working, apparently they don't even have aircon. We said that fan noise had meant none of us had a great nights sleep so he refunded the cost of our room under their good night’s sleep policy

We left the hotel just before 10 am to drive to the car park. Plenty of others were arriving with Disney cruise tags so we had a coach rather than a mini bus to port.

We queued to check in and didn't know our room number when asked, as we had a guarantee booking.

We waited to board in group 7, had photo taken when we boarded and went to Carioca for lunch. The photographer had taken our card from Megan so once again we didn’t know our room number when asked at the restaurant, which the server seemed to find hard to understand.

After lunch we registered Megan at Vibe, had a wander on decks 9 &10 and sat in the sun on deck 9

A bit windy

We went to find our room about 2, dropped our stuff and got drinks and ice creams before getting the same beds by pool again where we stayed until time for lifeboat drill.

We watched the sail away party and then went back to room. Our bags had arrived and Megan put the magnets on our door.

We couldn't get in the safe with the combination I thought I had set. Dinner was at Cariocas and we were 1st to arrive on our table. We were sat with Ken Jill and Claire from Phoenix Arizona and Marie and Emily from Rotherham.

Our waiters were Jay from Jamaica and Tiago from Portugal.
We all had beef empanadas to start, I had fish soup, Tracey and I both had beef rib eye with baked potato, Megan had marinaded chicken breast which she didn't like. Jay was quick to pick up on this and asked her what she wanted instead so she had fries.
For pudding I had Cocunut tres leches, Tracey had cream cheese flan, and Megan had dark chocolate mousse which she didn't eat. Jay had a trick and a riddle for us at the end of the meal.

Megan asked me where my glasses were outside the restaurant and I went to go back but she had then on her head
Went to theatre calling at guest services to report that I had managed to forget the safe code and therefore it wouldn't open. We were told to phone from our room and I tripped over rope podium coming away from guest services

We went to watch the show which was the usual first night stuff including a juggler juggler from UK who was quite funny. After the show Megan went to Vibe and we looked in shops where we got 2 magnets, one of them a Norway cruise magnet and some DCL things for magic bands. We got hot chocs from deck 9 and took them back to our room. I phoned guest services about the safe and they sent someone who sorted it.

Bedtime and Megan rolls in about 1.30
Birtie's Trip ReportsOct95~QIP,Aug97~HJ Universal Tower/Wedding,Aug03~BWMovieland/BWPlaza,Feb05~BW ML/POR,Aug07~CBR,Aug08~Rosen Plaza/Marriott Suites Clearwater, Aug09~OKW,Xmas10~ASMu, Aug11~POR,Aug12~POR, Aug13~DCL Med,Xmas13~ASMu, Aug14~RPR/POR,Feb15~Shingle Creek,Aug15~SSR/DCL Western/BC,May16~DCL Norway, Dec 16~BCV/RPR/SSR, Aug 17~AKL/DCL/POL,Aug 19~POR/DCL/BRV,Jan 20~SSR/Vero/RCL,Mar 22~ESSS/SSR,Aug 22 Road Trip, Nov 23~ESSS/SSR/DCL Wish/GF
Birtie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Great day, your door looks fab
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Good first day, I'm always falling over things too!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List