Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Feb 18, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Kevin-Another hotel question

Hi Kevin, could I have your thoughts on this hotel location please If I'm learning anything, I think it's a good location and it's supposed to be not to far from Shimbasi.

gardenhotels.co.jp/shiodome-italiagai/

Thanks
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
kevin_cambs_uk
Imagineer

Well its about 7 minutes to Hamamatscho Station, which is the nearest for you to get onto the Yamanote line. In fact looking at Google maps you can see the Yamanote line from the hotel as you come out and turn left! So finding it wont we a problem.

The area doesn't seem overly touristy and seems very pleasant from Google maps. I would not have an issue staying here. We stayed a little further north in Shiodome/Shimbashi at the Park Hotel. Again a good 5 minutes to the station.

I could not find the English version of the actual hotel website, so its a bit difficult to see the amenities of the hotel, but it looks good on the outside.

I chose the Park Hotel, only because of the view of the railway and its proximity to the Tamiya shop. I am pretty sure no one would choose a hotel based on my criteria!
2000 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2002 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2003 - Caribbean Beach. 2004 - Forgot where we stayed. 2008 - Pop Century. 2012 - Disneyland Paris for the day. 2015 - Contemporary Resort - 7 days, POFQ - 3 days. 2016 Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea. 2018 Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge
kevin_cambs_uk is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Thanks Kevin, that's fantastic. I have only discovered Venus Fort in Odaiba. I saw the mention of Shiodome and thought it may be near by as Ds would like to be around the car stuff there and the huge train near Shimbashi. I'm not sure if this is as close to the area as I first though,lol.

I also got carried away seeing pictures of Tokyo Tower in some pictures on trip advisor,lol.

tripadvisor/Hotel_...ure_Kanto.html

Now I just need to decide which would be the better pick-the one in the Sunshine city complex or this one. So hard as both have their pros and cons

Thank you so much for your help Kevin

Originally Posted by kevin_cambs_uk View Post
Well its about 7 minutes to Hamamatscho Station, which is the nearest for you to get onto the Yamanote line. In fact looking at Google maps you can see the Yamanote line from the hotel as you come out and turn left! So finding it wont we a problem.

The area doesn't seem overly touristy and seems very pleasant from Google maps. I would not have an issue staying here. We stayed a little further north in Shiodome/Shimbashi at the Park Hotel. Again a good 5 minutes to the station.

I could not find the English version of the actual hotel website, so its a bit difficult to see the amenities of the hotel, but it looks good on the outside.

I chose the Park Hotel, only because of the view of the railway and its proximity to the Tamiya shop. I am pretty sure no one would choose a hotel based on my criteria!
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
kevin_cambs_uk
Imagineer

Mobile

The park hotel is virtually on top of the shiodome station

So if you go over to odiaba you will need to get to this station as it’s the elevated train which goes over rainbow bridge over to odiaba

It’s probably about a 10 minute walk north from this hotel.

The Toyota thing is over at odiaba but if you go get off at the shopping area and watch the sun going down and rainbow bridge lighting up

It’s on my first trip report.

The train is always busy but try to go over when the weather is good as the views from the train are great.
2000 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2002 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2003 - Caribbean Beach. 2004 - Forgot where we stayed. 2008 - Pop Century. 2012 - Disneyland Paris for the day. 2015 - Contemporary Resort - 7 days, POFQ - 3 days. 2016 Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea. 2018 Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge
kevin_cambs_uk is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Thanks Kevin, that's great
Old 4 Feb 18, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Hi,

I work in Shiodome and stay at the Park and Royal Park hotel there - i find it a convenient location. Nice places to eat round about and lots of walking opportunities - Tokyo Tower is a nice walk for instance.
If you are planning on seeing a lot of Tokyo and/or taking day trips out on Shinkansen then you may find somewhere closer to Tokyo station more convenient.

Just a note, I was there in Dec and the view from the Park Hotel to Tokyo Tower is being blocked by a new building that is in between the two - I don't know if this will also impact your hotel?

sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
kevin_cambs_uk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sam_b View Post
Hi,

I work in Shiodome and stay at the Park and Royal Park hotel there - i find it a convenient location. Nice places to eat round about and lots of walking opportunities - Tokyo Tower is a nice walk for instance.
If you are planning on seeing a lot of Tokyo and/or taking day trips out on Shinkansen then you may find somewhere closer to Tokyo station more convenient.

Just a note, I was there in Dec and the view from the Park Hotel to Tokyo Tower is being blocked by a new building that is in between the two - I don't know if this will also impact your hotel?

We noticed that from our room in the Park Hotel!

Such a shame but I suppose you can’t stop progress!

How lucky yo work there!
Old 4 Feb 18, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Thanks for that Sam I'm still trying to make my minds up between the two locations, We will do Osaka for a few nights and travel to Disney fora couple of nights too. I'm so looking forward to going to Venus Fort and I'm not at all envious of you right now
Old 5 Feb 18, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

I should clarify, I work there when I’m in Japan...I am in the UK most of the time, but have to travel to head office fairly frequently. 😀
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
kevin_cambs_uk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sam_b View Post
I should clarify, I work there when I’m in Japan...I am in the UK most of the time, but have to travel to head office fairly frequently. 😀
That’s just brilliant

I count myself lucky if I get to fetch the bacon rolls on a Friday

That’s about as much travel I get in my job!