Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Feb 18, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
sunnysandra
Very Serious Dibber

Tokyo in may

We are planning for next year but undecided which month to visit , my hubby turns 60 in February but it's too cold for me to visit then we are thinking last week of April for 10 days anyone been this time of year ? Your thoughts please
sunnysandra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Golden Week!

Is actually a series of public holidays in Japan that run from end of April until approx middle of May - found this on web for dates next year:

In 2019, the first holiday falls on Monday, April 29, with travel expected through Sunday, May 7.

jrailpass/blog/golden-week-travel-tips

Best to try and avoid then as travel will be mobbed, but the weeks just after it are the quietest time to go and prices are often at their best.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Its cherry blossom time so can be quite busy in cities in the parks and avenues especially at weekends. Temperatures start improving. You will hit Golden Week which can be super busy:

Mon Apr 30 - Showa day (Golden week)
Thur May 3 - Constitution Memorial Day (Golden week)
Fri May 4 - Greenery Day (Golden week)
Sat May 5 - Children's Day (Golden week)

I would visit mid April onwards. Avoid July / August. Can be wet and horribly humid.

Edited at 11:51 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sunnysandra
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you that's a great help
sunnysandra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I went mid-end April and it was warm, probably low to mid 70’s (plenty warm enough for me ! ).
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

We went in early May last year. We caught the end of Golden Week for our first few days and everywhere was super busy. Immediately afterwards everywhere was really quiet, so a great time to visit Disney.
The weather was warm throughout, bordering on muggy. We only had rain on one day, the really fine drizzly kind. It was still warm even in the rain.
Old 19 Feb 18, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

I visit a Japan often for work or pleasure and my favourite time is November for Maple season - it’s still warm, it’s dry and OMG the leaves! I would not go after mid May to end Sept - it’s way too hot and humid.
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 102
Guidebook Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by sam_b View Post
I visit a Japan often for work or pleasure and my favourite time is November for Maple season - it’s still warm, it’s dry and OMG the leaves! I would not go after mid May to end Sept - it’s way too hot and humid.
I’m so glad you said that as that’s when we are visiting next year!
2005-Holiday Inn I-Drive * 2007-QII/Boardwalk * 2009-Married December at the Boardwalk/POR/Rolling Hills Villa (TR here) * 2010-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 May-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 October-Rolling Hills /Boardwalk (TR here) * 2012-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2013-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2014-Rolling Hills * 2015-Rolling Hills * 2016-Rolling Hills and Boardwalk * 2017-Boardwalk and Rolling Hills

DisneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 18, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

I also found out through work that Tokyo etc are holding the Rugby World Cup next year sept to Nov.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 18, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

Ive been in April, May and August. This year I go in July.

April wasnt too hot, around 14'c most days. May I think was roughly 18c, August was like 35'c at 7am.

Hopefully July will be dry and about 22'c haha
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List