Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Mar 18, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
dipsydoodle
Excited about Disney

Japan trip - am I trying to do too much

Hi
After many florida trips am planning something a little differant for me and my daughter (in her 20s) - not sure whether I am being too optimistic or whether this is doable so any advice from anyone more experienced would be very gratefully received.
First 6 nights at the disney preferred Hilton hotel with 5 days to do parks (we are true disney freaks )
From disney using a 14 day JR rail pass to Miyajama staying 1 night in a ryokan and then back to Hiroshima for another night.
On to Kyota for 3 nights and then to Kinosakionsen for a night again in a ryokan and to visit the onsens and then to Osaka for 3 nights.
From Osaka a night in temple lodgings in Koyosan before heading back to toyko for 4 nights. Where we hope to fit in a night in a ladies only capsule hotel and a visit to a sumo stable.
We are planning to travel light and use station lockers for our small suitcases for any stays of 1 night and just taking rucksacks.
I know it seems like a lot to fit in but this is probably going to be a once only visit so I want to fit in as much as we can - any advice or comments would be really helpful

dipsydoodle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I don't think it's too much and I get why your trying to do as much as you can. When I go with Ds he'll be 10 and I know I'm bad with jetlag. We plan on doing, DisneySea for two days, Osaka for 3 nights with a day trip to Kyoto. I was considering Hiroshima, but we may have to leave it then back to Tokyo where we will be covering a lot of ground too. We will only get the 7 day JR pass though. If you think your up to it I'd say go for it. People on Youtube get up to all sorts Kevin here, did a lot too. We go In july for the first time, so someone more experienced may have a different view.
happytraveller is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 102
Guidebook Reviews: 4
We are going next November and doing as much as we possibly can as we’re not sure we’ll be going back.

I say do as much as you can, see as much as you can experience it all!
2005-Holiday Inn I-Drive * 2007-QII/Boardwalk * 2009-Married December at the Boardwalk/POR/Rolling Hills Villa (TR here) * 2010-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 May-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 October-Rolling Hills /Boardwalk (TR here) * 2012-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2013-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2014-Rolling Hills * 2015-Rolling Hills * 2016-Rolling Hills and Boardwalk * 2017-Boardwalk and Rolling Hills

DisneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

I’d go for it. Our biggest regret is that we didn’t have longer in Japan so we could see/do more. It’s the most amazing country, pack in everything you can and enjoy every moment.
Old 18 Mar 18, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

It would be a real shame to miss Hiroshima. Obviously everyone knows the terrible history but when you’re there it’s difficult to picture how it would have been.

Japan is a fascinating country, I’d cram in as much as possible.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
It would be a real shame to miss Hiroshima. Obviously everyone knows the terrible history but when you’re there it’s difficult to picture how it would have been.

Japan is a fascinating country, I’d cram in as much as possible.
I'm in two minds but I do really want DS to see it so I will try. Mindful of the fact it is usually taught in secondary school and he'll have a year before he starts when we go, I do think it would be fantastic for him to see it. I'm just worried of cramming in too much with minimum enjoyment as we are only down that way for three nights.
happytraveller is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 18, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
dipsydoodle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
I'm in two minds but I do really want DS to see it so I will try. Mindful of the fact it is usually taught in secondary school and he'll have a year before he starts when we go, I do think it would be fantastic for him to see it. I'm just worried of cramming in too much with minimum enjoyment as we are only down that way for three nights.
I know what u mean I originally wasn't going to go to Hiroshima and then I thought about Nagasaki but in the end I felt that Hiroshima is such a part of modern day japan that we had to fit it in - my only worry is that with the amount of travelling time we are going to spend so much time travelling that we will forget to enjoy everything. Also super nervous about getting lost on the trains as we dont speak a word of japenese and i get the feeling that english is not so widely spoken

dipsydoodle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 18, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Exclamation

Hiroshima is wonderful have been twice with Japan Rail the bus for the loop outside station free.You only need half day .We are going to Nagasaki in July cant wait my son is at University in Nagoya so go often these days . You will love all the places and Kevin has done some trip reports that are wonderful to read i am not good at that.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List